Show Gear, Birmingham. Any Experience?

b3buggy75

Hi Guys,
I have currently got a Elise S2, and want something with a few more seats. So i am looking at the CTR or The ITR :D
I have found a DC5 at Show Gear in Birmingham and looked it over once already. Link Here
Does anyone have any experience with show gear?
I am thinking about a test drive this weekend and if all goes well, I will get it inspected.

Thanks

Ross

JordanTypeR

I took a mate there once to look at an Evo 6. We were there for about 2mins and walked out. The car we looked at was described by the chap as immaculate, but it was far from it! It was absolutley filthy (as was every other car there), you could see it was covered in scratches even through all the dirt, the interior was tatty and there was hardly any room to turn around in there let alone stand back and have a look :shock: . All the cars were parked so tight it was single file and breathe in, lol. It all seemed very unprofessional!

As you can guess, I didn't really rate them but if you've found a nice car and it's in good condition and you get it checked you shouldn't go too far wrong. Don't know what their warrenty would actually be likeif you were to take it back with a fault tho.

I'd personaly get one off here if you can, at least you can be pretty sure it's been well looked after and that it's not some low grade import.

God, after reading that back to myself I now know what a miserable b*****d I am #-o

mark type r

Advanced Member
JordanTypeR said:
I'd personaly get one off here if you can, at least you can be pretty sure it's been well looked after and that it's not some low grade import.
Agreed

JordanTypeR said:
God, after reading that back to myself I now know what a miserable b*****d I am #-o
:lol: :lol: :lol:

b3buggy75

Thanks JordanTypeR,

JordanTypeR said:
there was hardly any room to turn around in there let alone stand back and have a look :shock: . All the cars were parked so tight it was single file and breathe in, lol.
Agree, v.tightly packed :shock:

The body work looks ok, but i will have another look in the natural light.
I will give it a drive and report back.

Ross

b3buggy75

Update

Hi guys,
just in case anyone was waiting for an update. I have dismissed show gear, as they never picked up there phones. I was on my hols last week so visited Torque GT, and had a drive of a JDM CTR and an DC5 (Thanks Mike) . Much prefer the DC5. I am awaiting a couple to be delivered before going down again.
Cheers

Ross