show me you NUTs!! x

V7MAT

clean freak
I'm gonna buy some new wheel nuts within the next week as my standard ones are beginning to corrode.

Can you post up pics of your aftermarket items, inc details.. colour, size (length), cost

thanks,

Matt :)

Gunn79

Advanced Member
Here are mine;

They are branded RIGID (same as my strutbrace). Came with the car, so not sure on cost. They are very lightweight, but also grubby and marked :lol:

I would prefer a dark coloured set, but as these work fine, I wont be changing yet.

V7MAT

clean freak
pretty much perfect reply gunn, thankyou.

I think i'll be going for black, a crazy part of me is tempted my red! brain fade?

Gunn79

Advanced Member
If you are gonna keep the OE wheels, then there will be only certain ones you can use. A lot of aftermarket wheel nuts have a different taper, and wont seat properly with the OE wheels. Someone else may be able to explain it properly!

V7MAT

clean freak
Gunn79 said:
If you are gonna keep the OE wheels, then there will be only certain ones you can use. A lot of aftermarket wheel nuts have a different taper, and wont seat properly with the OE wheels. Someone else may be able to explain it properly!
i did wonder about that, and hope the spec/shape could be explained :shock:

help? and more pics peeps :)

Gunn79

Advanced Member
From another thread;

Evs said:
AdrianK said:
Can you get any of the lighter coloured wheel nuts that will be useable with the standard DC5 wheels?
I haven't seen any. I'd be interested in some black OEM style ones myself, so if you do find some let us know :)

For the benefit of the other guys - the OEM nuts & wheels have a convex/concave mating surface whereas aftermarket wheels have a straight taper. So you don't want to use the Buddyclub/Rays ones with OEM wheels.

V7MAT

clean freak
Can anyone confirm which aftermarket nuts i can use with OEM wheels?

thanks. :)

V7MAT

clean freak
chalkie- i may be tempted ;)

i'd like to see some red ones with OEM white rims, any pics?

thanks guys.

Gunn79

Advanced Member
chalkie said:
Or buy my OEM Nutz with lockers mate

£20, Posted. :D Thats a Deal!!
Chalkie - Do you still have these?? If so I will take them :wink:

mark type r

Advanced Member
Sorry to drag up an old thread but can i just walk into my local Honda garage and ask for some locking nuts without the Dime Bar look?