Show me your tailpipes from the side

Fez

Advanced Member
"Longlife" says it all lol.
My mates G60 corrado kept doing the same and they put it down to it not making standard power!! Absolute joke lol

Gems

Advanced Member
They replaced the whole system for me no questions asked. There's quite a few of them over the country, they seemed to have a really good rep and there work has got good reviews and things.
They dealt with it really well once they found out what the problem was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rom

Advanced Member
Not the greatest of pictures, poor light

Buddyclub Spec 3

Sent from my S6 Edge+ using Tapatalk

laurennpenfoldd

Advanced Member
Sorry to bring an old-ish thread back to life!
But does anybody have any images of a J's Racing 60RS system fitted with a Mugen rear lip?

I am thinking about buying the 60RS but not sure how far in it will sit with the Mugen rear lip..

Had a quick Google but not a lot came up!

Chewy

Advanced Member
laurennpenfoldd said:
Sorry to bring an old-ish thread back to life!
But does anybody have any images of a J's Racing 60RS system fitted with a Mugen rear lip?

I am thinking about buying the 60RS but not sure how far in it will sit with the Mugen rear lip..

Had a quick Google but not a lot came up!
I can't help with the Mugen lip side of things, but here's some pictures from back when I had mine fitted with my Modulo rear lip;

Hope that can give you some sort of idea.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Kakimoto Hyper fullmega N1

Spoon N1 on modified unsilenced Kakimoto bpipe

Spoon N1 cat back system (best side shot I could find)

(Mated to OEM Bpipe it sits exactly the same)

Current setup.....Toda straight tip on preface rear.

I have a thicker donut gasket jut to stick it out the end by another 5-10 mm which is not yet fitted. Will update once i have

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
So out of all those which is your favourite?

Jimmer said:
Kakimoto Hyper fullmega N1

Spoon N1 on modified unsilenced Kakimoto bpipe

Spoon N1 cat back system (best side shot I could find)

(Mated to OEM Bpipe it sits exactly the same)

Current setup.....Toda straight tip on preface rear.

I have a thicker donut gasket jut to stick it out the end by another 5-10 mm which is not yet fitted. Will update once i have

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
So out of all those which is your favourite?

All if them for different reasons, thats why ive still got them all. Hahaha

The kaki is just insane but i love it! So unique. Came over on the car so kinda like part of it and cannot bring myself to sell it. Haha ive had all the flanges modified to fit the same as oem,....just the backbox alone and the rest of the system OEM it's mental, so can't wait to try it with the spoon Bpipe. Haha but that won't be for some time yet.

The spoon is brilliant as with the OEM bpipe it's quite tame which is nice, but still noticeable, but then with the Spoon Bpipe its the classic raspy higher pitched noise which really sticks a grin on your face. love it through tunnels ;) . Hehe

The Toda was a spur of the moment purchase as I wanted to try one really. And as it was the straight tip I couldn't resist. Plonked it on for the trip over to Holland for Hondafest and it was brilliant. Nice and quiet when cruising along, on start up erc but although not anywhere near as loud as any of my other systems at full throttle.....its still a 2.5inch system so it just gives a great deep burble around town and a silky smooth unbroken resonance all the way through to the exciting side of 8k odd revs up which after years of running lary exhaust setups is quite nice. Haha its kind of like the best of both worlds for me, tame and lairy enough. It's perfect really, and it fills the gap lovely. :)

as its in three sections, i do really want to try getting a custom mid silence delete so i can swap it out to be unsilenced on the bpipe. That should make it abot more fruity, but again at the moment it has loads of character still. Ive heard the RMO1A and although nice...its just didn't have an exciting noise to me. I fear if i was to have gone for one of those I would have been left wanting more.

But as im fussy with noise i have the option to swap and change parts of each system as and when i choose so j have enough never to get bored. Haha

As for the original question.... I really can't decide. Sorry for all that writing and no definitive answer ....really doesn't help those trying to choose. Lol

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
All if them for different reasons, thats why ive still got them all. Hahaha

The kaki is just insane but i love it! So unique. Came over on the car so kinda like part of it and cannot bring myself to sell it. Haha ive had all the flanges modified to fit the same as oem,....just the backbox alone and the rest of the system OEM it's mental, so can't wait to try it with the spoon Bpipe. Haha but that won't be for some time yet.

The spoon is brilliant as with the OEM bpipe it's quite tame which is nice, but still noticeable, but then with the Spoon Bpipe its the classic raspy higher pitched noise which really sticks a grin on your face. love it through tunnels ;) . Hehe

The Toda was a spur of the moment purchase as I wanted to try one really. And as it was the straight tip I couldn't resist. Plonked it on for the trip over to Holland for Hondafest and it was brilliant. Nice and quiet when cruising along, on start up erc but although not anywhere near as loud as any of my other systems at full throttle.....its still a 2.5inch system so it just gives a great deep burble around town and a silky smooth unbroken resonance all the way through to the exciting side of 8k odd revs up which after years of running lary exhaust setups is quite nice. Haha its kind of like the best of both worlds for me, tame and lairy enough. It's perfect really, and it fills the gap lovely. :)

as its in three sections, i do really want to try getting a custom mid silence delete so i can swap it out to be unsilenced on the bpipe. That should make it abot more fruity, but again at the moment it has loads of character still. Ive heard the RMO1A and although nice...its just didn't have an exciting noise to me. I fear if i was to have gone for one of those I would have been left wanting more.

But as im fussy with noise i have the option to swap and change parts of each system as and when i choose so j have enough never to get bored. Haha

As for the original question.... I really can't decide. Sorry for all that writing and no definitive answer ....really doesn't help those trying to choose. Lol
Nice write up and a good read.

I've always wanted to hear what a TODA sounds like on a 5. Maybe one day I'll swap the J's... Not anytime soon though.

Was on the edge of getting TODA or Spoon but I'm a J's whore ha ha.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Haha all i will say is the best video I found of one was when dotty posted one of his FD2 on a fly by at spa. All the other vids on YouTube are very hard to get the noise right. Think C2AXG has put up a video in his build thread which gives a similar idea...but again with wind noise it kinda ruins the sound. And as his is the downturn it will also take some of the true rendition away.

I like the Js also...fitment put me off though, and the fact they all point down. Makes me think of a deisel tailpipe so for those reasons it wasn't for me. I know some are problem free and they sound ace mated to a Spoon B pipe. ;)

I will apologise for the silly spelling errors. Im currently cleaning the Teg, and slightly damp fingers on a phone are not helping haha. Cba to edit.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Thought I'd revive this old thread with a pic of my RM01a fitted