sick of tar removers not working! please help!

shanedixon

Advanced Member
Go on eBay and get tardis from auto smart the best tar removal iv ever used iv tried loads of others and they don't touch it it's quite cheap aswell to be fair

Benny-coupe

Advanced Member
I've the auto glym tar and adhesive remover ( the industrial one ) and its great stuff
But .... I've recently switched all our supplies in work to auto smart and the tardis is really savage for the price

Modmedia

Advanced Member
I buy Autogylm Tar Remover (Trade stuff, 5 litres at a time) for £20.

Put it in a Trade Autoglym bottle with sprayer (any old sprayer will do but it looks nice lol) and spray on. Leave for 2 mins and wipe off. Awesome, works everytime. WAY Cheaper than buying 333ml at £7 odd quid too!!

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
When i recently done mine i let Auto Glym tar remover soak in then wiped over with a microfibre.

Then used Meguiars Clay kit.

The paint was so clean after.

Bonito

Advanced Member
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:
Myself and Porthos use autoglym tar and glue remover but put it in a spray bottle or put a spray top on the original bottle. Spray, leave for 1-2 mins (don't let it dry) then wipe away! Haven't tried anything else, don't need to.
This is my method aswell. :)

jambo

Advanced Member
I recently tried auto finesse oblitarate and was really impressed with it. Have used autoglym and tardis before all good products.

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
I used autoglym tar/adhesive remover.

Pretty good but you still have to put a but of effort into it.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
^^ good results there chap.

Dodo Juice Tarmalade is what I use, very good and smells like well, marmalade :)

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I was helping a mate out last weekend by getting his E92 looking good and ready for sale, I washed it twice and clay barred it and i couldnt get rid of the really big spots of tar and actually gave up on them. I happened to have a can of Halfrauds surface cleaner with me that i was using to clean out stone chips before repair and thought I'll give it a try, i could not beleive how well it worked!

This stuff literally disolves tar on contact, one quick spray and a wipe and its gone!

Brophy

Advanced Member
Second vote for Autosmart Tardis best and cheapest Tar and Glue remover around

Ps. Whoever mentioned Iron-X,

that isn't the tree sap/tar reacting and going purple it's making metal fallout water soluble so can rinse it away