Side jacking points and axle stands

p1tse

Advanced Member
I'm wanting to get the front wheels off, probably one at a time, due to wanting to do in the garage with limited space.

Thought I may have a go at cleaning up the brembo calipers, so where's the best place to jack up to get front wheel up and placing an axle stand for stability?

For ease I may try and borrow and trolley jack from mate as long as it fits underneath, otherwise it will be trying the oem jack!?

Thanks in advance.

joiner

Advanced Member
Maybe worth a try but if you jack up the rear side jacking point then it may lift up the front far enough to get an axle stand or wooden blocks under the front side jacking point before releasing the jack down again.

Failing that, if you can sneak the trolley jack in near the rear of the front wheel then you could possibly jack up on the rear mounting bolt of the engine cradle, would think this part would be strong enough but may be wrong. Would then allow you to place stand in situ.

Safe bet though would be the front centre of the engine cradle if possible :)

p1tse

Advanced Member
Thanks.
Pictures would be better to help be visualise

Actually for reference, if I had a flat and needed to change roadside I don't actually know where the jacking points are :(

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Jack under front subframe point, lift high as possible, then you can put both stands in at same time.

Front of subframe, right in the middle, you'll see the strengthening jack plate.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

joiner

Advanced Member
Can't seem to upload pics, if you look under your side skirts there will be 2 cutouts front and back about 6" long revealing the seam that hangs down an 1", this is your jacking points and the reinforced parts of the chassis seam. I'm sure some one will upload a pic, search Integra dc5 jacking points on google images and it shows an RSX. Fronts as John has said and rear is the towing hook :)

p1tse

Advanced Member
Thanks both

Will inspect a bit more tomorrow

The problem is space. When I reverse in the garage, there is a wall next to passenger side, so won't be able to take both wheels off at the same time when in the garage, so this will only leave room for front driver when reverse in and so to do passenger side I will have to drive the car front ways into the garage, so the very front point won't be accessible.

I want to try and do it in the garage, as only chance I have a chance is in the evenings

p1tse

Advanced Member
Thanks, but I can't gain entry to the front when going front ways into the garage to do one side

p1tse

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Reverse in? Unless I'm missing something?
Sorry it's not clear, if I reverse in carefully I have the wall to my left and enough access from driver side to tinker with wheel off, but not enough room to gain access to passenger side due to wall

Been busy to even have a look