Side light bulb

a4m1r

Advanced Member
Hi all just curious on the side light bulb, I want to change them but only concern is I want a orange type of bulb. The standard oem bulb does not look good when hid are on. Therefore is it legal to have an amber side light bulb. Makes the car stand out when parked up, quite nice so any advice much appreciated. Facelift DC5R

Jazazze

Have you thought about 'cheating' to get white? When I had my bulbs out the other week I noticed the previous owner had very kindly fitted blue bulbs which actually shine white and are a very close match for the HID's

The bulb:

What they look like on (Only picture, sorry)

Click for fullsize. xthumbup

Erm

Advanced Member
I find the LED sidelights are the best match for the HID lights

ste01

Advanced Member
Why settle for amber lights? Have you thought about red ones so you can really confuse on coming traffic??

a4m1r

Advanced Member
Haha lol, I thought maybe amber looks so nice though but when headlights are on you can't see much of the amber. I have however thought about getting ice white bulbs fitted. The above lights you can't see during the day but at night I use them just for show 😄

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
I hope for your sake someone waiting to pull out from a side turn doesn't mistake those for a stuck indicator light, personally i think it's madness.

T.G.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

Take care. Please don't think I'm criticizing here. I'm just relating an experience when someone pulled out from a road on my left in front of me, when I was in another vehicle, not a Teg. I nearly hit him. Fortunately there was a uniformed cop who saw it all. The driver thought I had had my left hand indicator on. When it all calmed down it was the sun that was shining into the lens. It looked to him as if the indicator was on.

It seems he took a quick look to his right. Saw some orange and thought I was turning left.

Regards. Granty.

a4m1r

Advanced Member
TypeRich said:
Just did mine

You got to admit though they do look nice in amber orange but unfortunately will be sad to take them off, some poor soul might mistake them for a turn signal ...

Rich3248

Advanced Member
They'd be extreme idiots if they thought that was an indicator to be fair. It looks nice and I've had no incidents yet 😃. Cheers for the concern though guys

a4m1r

Advanced Member
Hey guys just for precaution before mot change the bulbs and put the standard bulbs back in as they won't pass the mot. They made me change mine so I did, then got home and changed them back. :lol:

scrawnban

TypeRich said:
They'd be extreme idiots if they thought that was an indicator to be fair. It looks nice and I've had no incidents yet 😃. Cheers for the concern though guys
Couldn't have said it better rich.

Ciarandeery1

Advanced Member
All seriousness, it might seem idiotic to some to mistake them for indicators, but at night it definitely could easily be mistaken and lets be honest some drivers must have gotten their licence in a lucky bag, why fix something that isn't broken? Car looks fine without ambers.

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
I run usdm style amber on my civic for years and never had a problem.

Volvo and 5 series bmw has amber side as standards.

S

stwteg

Ciarandeery1 said:
All seriousness, it might seem idiotic to some to mistake them for indicators, but at night it definitely could easily be mistaken and lets be honest some drivers must have gotten their licence in a lucky bag, why fix something that isn't broken? Car looks fine without ambers.
Lucky bag isn't so far a stretch over here! Remember the amnesty in the 70's (I don't personally remember of course I'm far too young for that) but the waiting list for tests was so long they just gave everyone who applied a full licence I mean wtf- only in Ireland

As for the bulb- do as you please as long as it won't put you in danger. A few night time drives will allay everyone's fears and whether the people of Cork can handle them or not

Ciarandeery1

Advanced Member
Hsha typerich, I wasn't being a knob, and stwteg your right lol southern drivers are bad (not all), they can't understand roundabouts in derry, I fear for my life