Silly question about a sunstrip...

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Right my car has a sun strip in it, but unsually it is on the inside on the windscreen.

I have a tiny tear in in over the passenger side & would like to replace it.
Now is it something that has been fitting aftermarket or OEM?

Sorry it's a daft question, but never paid attention on other Tegs up close :oops:

Suped

Advanced Member
right, the strip on top of the front windscreen. If its a green fade then its part of the the glass format otherwise, its aftermarket touring car style.

Normally, the sun strip is stuck on the outside. I have one 10inch deep strip on the rear glass that covers up the radio reception lines yet does not obsecure the rear view.

If its cracked/ripped, better off taking the whole strip out and stick a new one on the front. Miles easier to do and cut.

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Suped said:
right, the strip on top of the front windscreen. If its a green fade then its part of the the glass format otherwise, its aftermarket touring car style.

Normally, the sun strip is stuck on the outside. I have one 10inch deep strip on the rear glass that covers up the radio reception lines yet does not obsecure the rear view.

If its cracked/ripped, better off taking the whole strip out and stick a new one on the front. Miles easier to do and cut.
In that case mate it's aftermarket & defo on the inside.

I'll see about having a replacement put in.

mikegsi

Staff member
dont have one, dont need one, dont want one, get it off and keep it off!

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
dont have one, dont need one, dont want one, get it off and keep it off!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You sure you mean that though Mike? :wink:

Agree with you though

b12oon

Advanced Member
each to their own i would say :wink: what new laws? you never used to be able to have your wipers touch the sun strip.

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Mine is very sutble look

Would like to get another the same if poss, thinking a window tinting firm would be a good place to start

Attachments

BadBoy

Advanced Member
b12oon said:
each to their own i would say :wink: what new laws? you never used to be able to have your wipers touch the sun strip.
Pentagon refused to do mine because of it :?

mikegsi

Staff member
im sure there was someone on here selling a bright blue spoon one a while ago on here!?!?!

no names mentioned though eh?! :wink:

Suped

Advanced Member
just removed the rear sunstrip this morning and also some writing on the front. Looks so much more cleaner and subtle. Very happy with this change. :lol: