Simota Carbon Airbox

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
hey fellas; nyone tried this simota carbon box from simota? miles cheaper than the GruppeM... i can get hold of it at a local shop for around 130quid...

Attachments

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
its hand made too from real carbon fibre(not fibreglass)... looks the business too.... anyone...

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
yeah here u go matey...

http://www.simota.com/search_03.php

Our advanced aero form air intake system is 100% carbon fiber intake kit and is all 100% handmade.
With SIMOTA's Carbon fiber aero form air intake system, the horsepower increases more than 12 hp dramatically.

Features:

* 100% handmade
* Boots horsepower and torque
* Improves engine's efficiency
* Heat insulation & forced induction to generates more external cold air
* Light-weight
* Durable material
* Prevents engine to accumulating the carbon jams more effectively, therefore enables the gasoline to be fully utilized and produce maximum performance.

Inside Air Filter is Replaceable

Carbon Fiber Aero Form Intaks System
Performance & Style
Material: High modulus carbon fiber construction braided with Kevlar.
Engineered to replace the restrictive factory air box and piping, the SIMOTA Carbon Fiber Aero Form Intake System feeds the engine with maximum air flow with fiteration protection.
Simply experience torque at lower RPM range and almighty top end horsepower at higher engine revving-with great sound!
The air vent made of Kevlar braided high modulds carbon fiber collects denser cold air coming directly from outside, achieving ideal air intake temperature.
The Simota CNC mandrel bent 6061 aluminum piping with the radius aluminum alloy adapter offer the smoothest air induced transition into the throttle body.
Unique 3D Precision Weaving Technology ensures constantly superior air flow with fitration protection.

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
hmmm please copy n paste.. cheers...

http://www.simota.com/search_03.php

i dont think its as great as the gruppeM tho, n its made in taiwan too.... but at a quarter of the price for a real carbon composite stuff i aint complaining...

at least more choices for DC5 owners.... n they also have loads of other weird looking induction kits for hondas

JiB

Advanced Member
Hmm, I'm a bit confused as to where the air is taken from in the Simota..

..I've never seen GruppeM IRL, but from what I read, GruppeM's party trick is it's ability to take air directly from outside the hood in the smallest possible distance? Response + CAI effect IIRC?

dan the man

Advanced Member
so takes its air from the back of the bay while sheilding the sides and top bottom with carbon box...

kind or a gruppeM without the airdam up... still a bit of heatsoak but less than open filtersin same place

mikegsi

Staff member
wont do much good coming out of your seat though mate!!! :wink:

it does look kinda like a shielded short ram, feel any noticable differences??

rsx

this type of filters is useless.i installed a similar one before my gruppem and the car was dead.no pull at all,loads of noise and vtec took for ever.no good at all

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
ermm...took it for a test ride last night... seems to be better than my previous blitz open pod... but the vtec sounds more sharpish/rough...feels somewhat tighter... kinda like it tho... bout of course u cant compare it for the price u pay for the gruppeM... it costs 1/4 of that proice... am a cheapskate ha ha....

saving up for a mugen N1 ecu n toda mani :oops:

mikegsi

Staff member
it will be better than the open pod, marginally, as you state you cant beat the gruppem, but you can come close with a cai! :wink: