Single Din Pocket

BL

Ive searched high and low on here but havnt managed to find it.

Does anyone know where i can buy a single din pocket?

Adz

Advanced Member
I got a universal one from my local ICE ppl.. Autoleads one i think.. and it's crap! :( Hardly fits.. has big gaps round it.. :evil:
If anyone has a better alternative I'd like 2 know 2!

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Have you tried a pocked from a DC2R or perhaps a CRV or other Honda model? They should be easy to get hold of...(I think I might even have a pocket from my old DC2R somewhere...)

Adz

Advanced Member
Ahhhh... Plan!

Mite be off to the local scrappy then!.. :D I hav'nt been for ages!!!

Used to love my weekend trips down the scrapyard! :p

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi,

I bought a Honda Jazz single DIN pocket direct from Honda, but haven't fitted it yet because I'm still using the double DIN head-unit. It's the correct width and height because I checked this before.

Jon

Adz

Advanced Member
Cheers, Jon.. yeah, i've already spoken to dave at steels about that possibiltiy :)

jonster

Advanced Member
No worries

I've been spending all money on engine mods and haven't been able to buy a single DIN head unit. I have removed the stock unit a few times to try and work out how to wire a MP3 player in to the AUX but gave up each time. It's a weird connector. The head unit is very heavy so I'm sure it has a performance impact. It's gotta go soon :)

I think the Jazz pocket cost about £24 quid but I'm not certain.

Cheers,

Jon

David Johnson

Parts Trader
Radio Pocket

A standard radio pocket from a DC5 can be ordered from a honda dealer,
The approx cost is £52.00 plus vat
Call for more info

Dave Johnson
Steels Honda
01432 267154

phil_444

Advanced Member
Just got mine from the US (proper Honda one), found a supplier if anyone else requires one then drop me a pm.

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Phil,

Sorry, I missed your post from July :oops:

Yeah, Jazz pocket installed and a BlueSpot above it. Fit's quite nice. I've hooked my head unit up to a Dension iPod cradle which worked when I tested it but decided not charge my iPod when I installed it neatly. Doh! Not happy. Bloody European iPods seem to have a really low line-out voltage too. Never mind. Should have got an Alpine.

Jon

phil_444

Advanced Member
Cheers Jon,

When you say bluespot do you mean you have put a light inside the pocket or am i missing something? :? :lol: ps what did the pocket cost you if you dont mind me asking?

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Phil,

Blue Spot = Baupunkt (in German).

I think it cost about £24. Not especially cheap but it did the job and you can get them from any Honda dealer.

Cheers,

Jon