SK03 EFT

David Fox

Advanced Member
Hello all, apologies if this in the wrong section. I have seen a DC5 for sale in Edinburgh, ref plate as per the title. Was this anybody's on here? If so, please let me know. Many thanks in advance!

p1tse

Advanced Member
Did you not sell a great example not long ago?

Back so soon, good luck :)

adam.

Advanced Member
Pretty sure I looked at this (not in person, just hpi and history) last year. Was missing its rear lip at the time. Let me see if I've still got the paperwork somewhere.

David Fox

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Did you not sell a great example not long ago?
Back so soon, good luck :)
Yes, I did, for the second time. I can't buy back the car for a third time, can I? I could text the lad I sold it to, but I get the impression it might be modded beyond what I want. I'm more into keeping it fairly standard, and making subtle mods on the original car (like the leather retrimmed seats).

I am looking for a low mileage example (less than 70k) ideally, but I wouldn't mind a knackered one to do up.

Currently have a brand spanking new 335d M Sport Touring, fully loaded. A great car, but I'm hankering for a hobby. I still firmly believe for the money, there isn't a better car than a DC5.

David Fox

Advanced Member
adamlstr said:
Pretty sure I looked at this (not in person, just hpi and history) last year. Was missing its rear lip at the time. Let me see if I've still got the paperwork somewhere.
It's got a Mugen rear lip on from the pictures. Im sure I saw this advertised not long ago somewhere cheaper than it was. I appreciate that a garage has to up the price a bit for profit, but it seems steep?

p1tse

Advanced Member
Any link to where it's advertised?

That's one thing I remember from your old one the leather re trimmed seats; out of interest how much was that via capital seating from memory?

I think a half leather would look good and have the centre cloth for the grip :)

David Fox

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Any link to where it's advertised?
That's one thing I remember from your old one the leather re trimmed seats; out of interest how much was that via capital seating from memory?
I think a half leather would look good and have the centre cloth for the grip :)
It cost a grand almost, that included the door cards as well. I loved the seats, best mod I've ever done to a car.

Link is here:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201606014507454?onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&page=3&searchcontext=default&search-target=usedcars&make=honda&postcode=la143jg&radius=1500&model=integra&sort=atcustom&logcode=p&adPos=1

Col R

Does seem a bit steep. I looked at it also (online) Going by the MOT history, registration etc it was first registered in Edinburgh at least 10 yrs ago so I expect it might need a bit of rust treatment but if you dont mind a project that probably wouldn't matter. Be nice to know how it was treated though...

In the past I've left some form of contact when selling my car on so I suppose you could get in contact with the dealer and try and find out if you dont get a reply on here.

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

David Fox

Advanced Member
Many thanks for that mate, very useful. Doesn't seem to have been driven much in the last year. I might give a ring tomorrow. I just assumed with the mods on the car, they must have been a member on here at some point.

That been said, if anyone is thinking of selling one that meets my requirements, let me know. White or red. PFL preferred, but would consider a facelift.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Nice find, as autotrader wouldn't be my usual place to find a jdm motor, whilst I would browse pistonheads and eBay

I don't recognise it off the forum as the engine bay detailing is unique colour choice

As usual I do like the rear lip

On that budget you should find something decent

There's a facelift CW going for £8k here leaves £2k compared to the one link to make some changes ;)

Beppe jdmfresh has red facelift not sure if a deposit taken on it

David Fox

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Nice find, as autotrader wouldn't be my usual place to find a jdm motor, whilst I would browse pistonheads and eBay
I don't recognise it off the forum as the engine bay detailing is unique colour choice
As usual I do like the rear lip
On that budget you should find something decent
There's a facelift CW going for £8k here leaves £2k compared to the one link to make some changes ;)
Beppe jdmfresh has red facelift not sure if a deposit taken on it
I usually use Pistonheads, seen one on there with a private plate on that looks well. Mileage hasn't been converted to miles though. Why do they not do that? Seems more common nowadays.

I'm not in a rush to buy anyway, whatever I get will probably be off the road for a while as I have massive plans if I go down this path.

adam.

Advanced Member
David Fox said:
It's got a Mugen rear lip on from the pictures. Im sure I saw this advertised not long ago somewhere cheaper than it was. I appreciate that a garage has to up the price a bit for profit, but it seems steep?
Hot-damn my memory is good.

Here's how it looked in April last year:

Owner at the time was an 'Andrew Husband', and had '5 previous owners' at the time. Pretty sure it was advertised on here for 7300.

p1tse

Advanced Member
I remember that advert now

Had some personal individual touches in the short space of time

For that budget I would be tempted to hang on to find a decent charged one ;)

Typerchris

Advanced Member
I test drove this when it was up for sale on here. If i remember correctly it Drove pretty well although it was my first test drive in a 5 and was raining also the roads around the guys house were appauling so made for a crashy test drive. I ended up being very picky with condition of seats etc and wanted to keep looking at a few others as I fancied a facelift dc5. The car seemed well looked after although I found the paint to be abit more cream than it looks in the pictures which I'm sure could be sorted with a good detail.had a fair bit of paperwork and body looked good.

David Fox

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
I remember that advert now

Had some personal individual touches in the short space of time

For that budget I would be tempted to hang on to find a decent charged one ;)
Not into turbo or charged DC5s. My 335d is about to go to circa 370bhp, that's enough for me. I like my DC5s fairly standard engine wise.

Chewy

Advanced Member
David Fox said:
Yes, I did, for the second time. I can't buy back the car for a third time, can I? I could text the lad I sold it to, but I get the impression it might be modded beyond what I want. I'm more into keeping it fairly standard, and making subtle mods on the original car (like the leather retrimmed seats).

I am looking for a low mileage example (less than 70k) ideally, but I wouldn't mind a knackered one to do up.

Currently have a brand spanking new 335d M Sport Touring, fully loaded. A great car, but I'm hankering for a hobby. I still firmly believe for the money, there isn't a better car than a DC5.
Buying your old one for a 3rd time is possible, seeing as I think it just popped up for sale on the ' Honda Parts For Sale ' Group on Facebook.

At least I think it is, Not many out there with red leather Recaros. ;)