SK51 ENM, anyone know this car?

stepmeek

Hi all. I am working in England next week and will be very close to the dealer selling this car so was going to pop along and have a look with the view to putting down a deposit on the car if it is OK.

However I have just e mailed the dealer to ask for more info on the car to be told there is no service history with it at all. Now obviously I would never go for a car with no service history usually but just wondering if anyone else on here has been the owner or even knows who the owner was. Apparently only one owner in the UK.

Thanks, would be great if anyone could help in any way.

Stephen

stepmeek

carl hammond said:
Any links to it to see ?
I viewed the car today, "not worth the trip" is how I would describe it. No service history whatsoever, they couldn't tell me where they got the car, couldn't find the V5, the battery was flat, dog hair all over the boot, the underside of the car was a rusty mess, underneath the spare wheel was rusting and the paintwork was terrible.

Not a good start to my DC5 hunt but this was my first viewing so at least I have something to go from now!

Link here, avoid it if anyone has considered looking at it is my advice.

http://www.lancashiresports.co.uk/used-HONDA-INTEGRA-Bolton-Lancashire-983612

p1tse

Advanced Member
Welcome and good luck in the hunt

£8k should be able to find a good, maintained version
Is blue your preference?

Surprised a dealer with fancy photos would have dog hair left in the car?

As for rust in the boot; it's not uncommon as the rear lights need the gaskets done to stop the rain water.

You also mention working in England, I assume you're located elsewhere?

stepmeek

Hi mate, thank you, yes so am I. The dealer never seem particularly interested in selling me the car to be honest, very poor and no real effort was made to get the car up to scratch, I left without driving it as they didn't have trade plates to hand either. I think the salesman sort of new himself the car wasn't the best and didn't see any point in pushing it.

I am located in Scotland. Unfortunately I will be looking at financing the car as I don't have 9 grand sitting in the bank to buy one privately so it rules a lot of good cars out. That was the main reason I was keen to view this one at a dealer. If it turns out that I am struggling to find one however I will keep saving for a bit until something nice comes up on here. I have always bought cars on history and condition and much prefer putting a face to a car so it may be that it is the best option.

adamamuk

Advanced Member
The car certainly looks in pretty good nick from the exterior bar the badges.

However; that boot must have been incredibly deep in water in order to effect not just the boot but the wheel and the jack so badly!

Good luck with your searching

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

stepmeek

adm87 said:
The car certainly looks in pretty good nick from the exterior bar the badges.

However; that boot must have been incredibly deep in water in order to effect not just the boot but the wheel and the jack so badly!

Good luck with your searching

Thanks, the pictures actually make it look better than it is. Although it wasn't THAT bad, a machine polish would have probably brought it up. The water ingress in the boot is news to me so that is something I will have to remember for future viewings,

p1tse

Advanced Member
You got to remember it's a 15 year old car as well.

There are many posts and pictures of people with water ingress and also post photos of those updating and fixing the gaskets on rear lights.

Good luck

adamamuk

Advanced Member
stepmeek said:
Thanks, the pictures actually make it look better than it is. Although it wasn't THAT bad, a machine polish would have probably brought it up. The water ingress in the boot is news to me so that is something I will have to remember for future viewings,
Yea, as Patch said above ^ it is a common problem on the Tegs with water getting into the boot.

The gaskets eventually give up and the water creeps by into the boot well.

I never had any problems with mine leaking until I removed the rear lights and then re-fitted them again.

They are easy enough to come by though from sellers such as Hendy & Tegiwa or your local Honda dealership.

jammy02

Advanced Member
You are buying a used car. Nearly 15 years old. Be realistic about the car.
Otherwise Kia Picanto start from £8695 I believe they come with a 5 year warranty might fit your budget and should be perfect.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Sorry - realised you don't have the cash outright.

Wouldn't it make more sense to get a loan than go finance? You will repay more by taking out finance, plus the car isn't yours either till it's paid off.

Db4193

If you're with bank of scotland they do car finance at very low rates which will pretty much always be a lot cheaper than any dealer can do & also loans for private buys with pretty decent apr plus its all instant with online banking.
I bought my last car with it and I just done the online form and was accepted in minutes and they just pay the dealer direct

stepmeek

That's a great looking car for the price. I will have a look into loan, I have never really considered it. Going to postpone my search until after new year now anyway, but I think private seller looks like the way to go with these cars.

K3efa@hotmail.co.uk

Hi, I joined this forum because I just put my old cars number plate into google and found this.

I had this car for 12 years, an absolute dream of a car, best car I've ever owned, using this as a family car was just not practical.

I don't know why the garage didn't have the v5 or the full service history as I gave Audi both. Half the service history was with Honda, realised they were pretty shit at servicing, so started giving it to a local garage who always used genuine Honda parts.

I had a tear in my eye when I was driving away in my new car and looking at this in the distance.

I had 2 problems with this car, rear lights leaking which I only noticed when there was about 2 inches of water in the boot. New partial boot floor. And head lights fogging up which I replaced with Honda parts.

I'm not lying when I said it was a sad day, it's a 16 year old car, it's obviously going to have some wear and tear, the engine was absolutely awesome. Dog hair in the boot can be taken care of by a good valet ffs. I originally planned to have this car for the rest of my life, then boom, family, I tried to hold on to it with a family, then realised I had to give up my absolute dream car.

K3efa@hotmail.co.uk

Just realised this topic is from December, I actually sold the car to the mechanic at the Garage where I bought my new car. He bought it without driving it or really looking over it. It had just over 70000 when I sold it, like about 70050.