Skunk counterfeit goods

Stewlark

Advanced Member
Is it me, or is the market flooded with counterfeit skunk 2 products more so than usual?? It's devaluing their brand and makes me not wanna order anything just in case I get a dodgey product.

DC5RS

DC5
Its full you are right. skunk2, pwjdm, takata,asr frames, tow hooks etc are now everywhere. For small parts that are not important i think its fine to get something cheaper. But for important parts buy from authorized dealers like tegiwa etc.

Stuarty

Advanced Member
There has been fake JDM parts for as long as I can rememeber. You should really do your homework on companies before buying and never buy from eBay!
mike.williams said:
rota wheels. Enough said
Rota are reputable company though, their wheels go through rigorous testing before sale. Yes they are copies of the real deal but I'd say totally different than selling fake untested suspension parts which could cost someone their life.

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
When it is profitable, they will copy everything. Nobody is looking at the safety of the buyer/user :-s
When an original part is selling good, they will copy it.

Just look at: Bride, Takata, Function7, Mugen, J's racing, ASR, Password:JDM, Recaro, Cusco, Blitz, Tomei, Rays, Beaks, Spoon, Project Mu and the list goes on.

Just buy the parts from an authorized seller, you can look it up at the Skunk2 site who is authorized.
Nothing wrong with the original parts ;).