Skunk2 Alpha header on DC5r

SiR1097

Folks,

I've searched all the forums on this site but can't seem to find an answer. Has anyone ever installed an Alpha series header on a DC5r? Were there any fitment issues etc?

Thanks.

Chewy

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Arnt the US headers slightly different due to the LHD?
Technically Skunk2 don't make exhaust parts for a RHD Integra DC5 (Type R) they only make parts for the LHD RSX (Type S) - But the parts are considered to be compatible with both.

I had a Skunk2 Megapower briefly obtained via Torque GT/Tegiwa, and that was a great fit.

Although after reading through the thread i found on the Alpha header, it sounds like they barely even fit the RSX let alone the DC5, they tend to foul the front ARB.

SiR1097

Yeah I thought the same as well, although I thought it may have been minor modifications to fit, so I already ordered it. Seems the sway bar will touch the header piping. Thought someone here would have tried it.

Chewy

Advanced Member
There's a lot mentioned about upgraded engine mounts or inserts to help it...

Hope you get if sorted if you have any issues.

SiR1097

Thanks man. Yeah I saw all those issues already, hoping I won't have them but if I do well I'll have to sort it.

Headers should be here early next week so I'll update the thread in detail after I install.

SiR1097

Well I got the headers but apparently the idiots didn't send the adjustable sway bar brackets. Had to email them and they shipped it out, should be here in a couple days. Didn't want to risk installing until I got that and then run into probs with the sway bar. Overall the headers looks good, nice welds and it doesn't feel cheap, for the price at least.