Skunk2 Intake manifold

Timtegdc5

Has anyone got a Skunk2 intake manifold installed?

I have recently bought one and I am looking to install it myself, but before I do I just want to confirm where all the hoses attach, as some are in slightly different positions to the OEM one.

I am pretty sure I know which ones go to each port, but just want to confirm before I install.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Sorry I can't help you with this but interested in your choice of mani. Most go for RBC so be interesting to know what you think to this one. Are you mapped at the moment? Be good to see a dyno once it's fitted although I suppose you can never really do a direct comparison unless both types of manifold get dynoed on the same car. Get some pics up when it's done mate :)

Timtegdc5

Bought it from another forum member, after reading some good things about it. I found a few threads on here comparing the 2, but as you said it's very difficult to get a like for like dyno comparison with RBC. Its the black series one and I will upload pics as soon as it's fitted. Hoping to get k100 soon so will get it mapped then and post up the dyno results too. Do you have RBC fitted?

After speaking to Tom at tgm about fitting, he recommended cutting the manifold in the same way as the RBC to make sure it doesn't leak.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
No mate, still running stock mani at the moment but have seen a few cars running RBC. Not really sure whats meant by cutting it but Tom really knows his stuff so I'd take what he says as a given!

I'm interested to see how it goes once fitted though as I've yet to upgrade so would like to see a side by side comparison of the two. Keep me posted.