Skunk2 Megapower R catback

Erm

Advanced Member
Just as a quick note I bought this the other day (thanks tegiwa for the super quick delivery) I was worried about the noise level as I've read so much that just instantly dismisses this as an option because its too loud.

And yes it can be very loud, but I just put the supplied silencer in and it does a great job of turning it into a much more useable catback for a daily driver. Its only a bit louder than OEM and wouldn't have any issues with it.

To be fair its so much fun without the silencer, it sounds incredible, but when you don't want the attention or have passengers etc it takes less than a minute to put the silencer in and transform it to a much more discreet sound.

I'm very happy with my purchase overall :)

Rich3248

Advanced Member
Finally someone has a decent comment on this catback. Was considering it also. How much did yours work out to be? Silencer included also?

Chewy

Advanced Member
I had the Skunk2 Mega power (Not the R or RR just the 60mm)

The quality of them is outstanding, but yes they're bloody loud for a daily driver, haha.

Don't get me wrong I loved the sound they make, It's by far my favorite to this day and I miss it so much, but for a daily it's a no-no, in my personal opinion.

The entire Megapower range come with a silencer (Bung) included, but for me personally I didn't like running it with the bung in, It felt restricted and held back...That, and I'd read in a few places that running the bung for an extended period of time can cause some potential issues...So I ended up parting ways with it.

I can see myself buying another one in the future though, If I even retire the DC5 to 'Weekend' car status.

Rich3248

Advanced Member
Thinking about the SKUNK2 Megapower 70mm. Is it a direct replacement/fitting or do you need to make some adjustments?

Also I priced it in the US. works out as €600 inc. delivery. But it's for the Acura RSX Type S model (USDM) Is this the exact same set up as the DC5 (JDM) ? Basically would the exhaust fit even though it's for the USDM model?

Cheers !

Erm

Advanced Member
Rich3248 said:
Thinking about the SKUNK2 Megapower 70mm. Is it a direct replacement/fitting or do you need to make some adjustments?

Also I priced it in the US. works out as €600 inc. delivery. But it's for the Acura RSX Type S model (USDM) Is this the exact same set up as the DC5 (JDM) ? Basically would the exhaust fit even though it's for the USDM model?

Cheers !
It fits straight on. Only thing I had to do was the b-pipe hanger triangle mount turn it sideways so it hangs a tiny bit lower so when you're giving it some it doesn't touch on the floor of the car. Other than that it fits perfectly and lines up dead centre of the exhaust cut out in the back bumper too

Chewy

Advanced Member
All the same chap, There's no alternative Skunk2 system for ITR/ITS.

Mine was labelled up for a Type-S.

Erm

Advanced Member
Keep in mind buying from the US you are likely to be stung on customs charges

Rich3248

Advanced Member
I'll be honest, I found a place in the states called 'Real street performance' based in Florida. They do the skunk2 megapower 70mm Acura RSX type s exhaust for €532 delivered and all. They are a big reputable company too so it seems legit.

What ye think?

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
You will have to pay 23% import taxes if you buy from the states, and 13% vat, if you buy from the uk you will not have to pay these charges.

FireDance

Advanced Member
The Skunk 2 Megapower is an awesome exhaust. far too loud to use on track tho.

I loved it so much I had 2 on my EP3 :xlol:

Only thing is (and I don't know if it is the same on the DC5) they do hang low under the car, so watch out for speed bumps!!!