Skunk2 pro C coilovers.

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Hi all,
I have a set off these coming from the states and Tom at TGM is fitting them next week.

http://cms.skunk2.com/id/773/02-06-RSX-01-05-Civic-Pro-C-Coilovers/

I hope these are as good as I am thinking they will be, I had a set on my EK9 and were really nicely made and reliable.

I will update my feelings once installed. I have also tried to look for reviews but these are that new that I am struggling.

Anyone have these or know of anyone who has a set.

James.

Attachments

donkeykong

Advanced Member
looks great, good build. it said i had a shortened body and stroke, is this what you really want??

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Hi mate, Well once it's lowered its not moving the full travel that the oem suspension would right, so yes.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
i'm also on the lookout for new coilovers, only thing that bothers me is that i hate to hit a bumpstop :)

Vindots

Advanced Member
wow this would be interesting to see!! :) make a write up, incl the steering rod angle, how it sits,, etc..

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
I am getting TGM to fit them next week so I won't be doing it myself. But I will get the low down on Toms view of them.
Will let you know.

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
So I have now been driving with these for about 1 week now and they are bedding in nicely.
The road handling is amazing set up with the FRS by Tom at TGM but they are hard.
They have a 12 way dampening setting which I have the rears on 1 and fronts on 5 and it is just about liveable. They do come with 12kg front and rear sprigs which I may consider changing for a lower value.

They are very well built, they come with new tracked ends which are from an EP3 civic to convert them for use with the DC5 which is great. I have no traming issues or bump steer problems, they don't seem to have any issue that I have found yet.

Pictures as promised.

For anymore inquiry's call Tom at TGM as he can get these from the states within a 7 to 10 days from ordering.

James.

George K

Advanced Member
Spring rates are crazy for road use - frequencies (Hz) are way off the scale. Have a look at what other kits use - think that tein start at 6/9.

brucey87

Advanced Member
looking good! i love my skunk2 stuff. would of thought tom would of fitted inverted tie rod ends to take stress away from the steering rack, or was it not necessary?

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
No was not necessary. The arms are near straight. If the tyre was tucked into arches more then maybe.
I love them.