Skunk2 throttle body cable problem.

jamied

Hi thanks in advance for any replies, I fitted a skunk2 70mm throttle body but the throttle cable is almost at a right angle due to the adjuster nut location if doesn't look right at all. Has anyone got the same problem or a pic of there's so I can see where I've gone wrong. Thanks.

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
The adjuster does sit high on them. Mine is the same and the bracket doesn't hold the adjuster nut very well either. I just fiddled with mine to get it sorted. I'll try and get a picture for you tonight after work. Darren ;)

jamied

Thanks mate that would be much appreciated. Did you have trouble with the idle as well? Cheers bud.

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
Loads of trouble. Still having trouble but only on a rare occasion. I found routing the throttle cable around the back of the bay helped things. I'll try and get that in the pic too for you.

jamied

Thanks, Sorry to keep asking questions mate, but what did you do with your idle speed control valve, there's no coolant outlet from the throttle body did you just blank it?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
speak to Paul at Tdi North, i know they have had some problems with Skunk Tb's recently

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
It was already blanked when I got the car. Tbh the only thing I've really adjusted is the actual throttle cable. I re-routed it around the back of the block, and then took of a bit of the tension to bring my tickover down. From what I've read on the RSX forums, these TB's can be a bit fiddly to set up, an lots of people seem to have trouble for a long time.

Sorry I didn't get a pic last night I didn't get home till late. I'll try get one tonight for you ;)