Skunk2 throttle body.

Kenz

Advanced Member
Hi all, I‘ve recently purchased a rbc along with a skunk2 Tb and relevant gaskets. I wasn‘t planning on changing or upgrading the throttle body as I don‘t think there‘s much gain over oem but the deal was too good to say no.

Now I‘ve seen a few people complaining that the skunk2 tb‘s like to stick and aren‘t very good, are they all like this? Has anyone fitted one without any issues? I don‘t want to put it on and find it sticking and then have to remove it again.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richie200

Advanced Member
I had zero issues with mine before I went to ITB‘s. It was matched to their intake and was spot on.

Kenz

Advanced Member
Richie200 said:
I had zero issues with mine before I went to ITB‘s. It was matched to their intake and was spot on.
Okay thanks for the input, I think I may try it and see how I get on. How long did you use it for without any issues?

Richie200

Advanced Member
Kenz said:
Okay thanks for the input, I think I may try it and see how I get on. How long did you use it for without any issues?
At least 18 months or roughly 5000 miles. The item was bought new.

I can understand why you‘re dubious about fitting them as the increase is hardly worth writing home about. But it‘s a nice bit of kit.

Jakke_itr

I use a skunk2 70mm pro series tb mated to a 70mm pro series inlet manifold with 0 issues with nice smooth throttle

Kenz

Advanced Member
Cheers for the reply‘s, will get it fitted and hopefully mapped before I put the car away for winter.