Sky insurance all the way

craigcolt

Advanced Member
Im 24 with 4 years no claims. £991

I got quite a few quotes some maybe a little bit cheaper than Sky insurance but no other insurance company seemed to be so confident. they have insured my car on its chassis number so i can be sva'd. top class.

Ross M

Advanced Member
I have been on the phone too Sky Insurance this morning! Hopefully will be a grand a year for me! £200 less than Adrian flux.. Im 22 nearly 23 with 5 yrs no claims bonus, so VERY happy with that! :D

Ezza

Advanced Member
Same age as you Chris except with 3NCB but i paid £720 for my DC5 with all my mods listed 8) 8)

sinbad

Advanced Member
Been trying to contact SKY for 2 whole days now to get a quote and the sales team are always busy.... Still not had a fone call back either. :?

Spoke to Ollie who was very nice but wasn't in a position to provide a quote.
Jae was out of the office too.

I'll hang on for another day, i hope they aren't like this if you have a claim.

Hope4sun

Just thought I'd add my 2 pence worth, as i got my insurance through SKY for the Teg. They matched my 9 years no claims from my main policy and charged no extra for the Mugen Intake and fast road setup(yet to be done) £440 all in.

They did how-ever mess up with the paper work twice, which up to today still leaves me an insured car sitting at home, with no tax and plates (hopefully Andy will get them all to me by the weekend :) )

So a reasonable thumbs up apart from ensure they get you chassis number and engine size, etc right on the paper work.

Andy

garylythgoe

Ive had some terrible service from Sky, shame really as i wanted to give them my business..

Granted my situation isnt perfect but counting and considering a previous conviction after the 5 year limit isnt on in my books!

Plus loads of 'we'll ring you back' promises.

Just another company who make their own rules up! :(

Ended up having to choose between Bell and Quinn, and chose Bell in the end :roll:

Do you know if Sky insure heavily modified DC5s with roll cages? At the mo I'm stuck with either HIC or Adrian Flux.

The HIC quote is 300 quid more than A flux but track day cover is included with that so very much worth it for me

garylythgoe

drmikey HIC are good, you could also try Competition Car Insurance! Google them, they insure loads of different configs race prepped road cars with track insurance etc 8)

Friendly and helpful, and stick to their guns/promises! Honest too 8)

Greensprout

Advanced Member
No good for me :cry:

25, 7yr NCB
3 Points Oct 2003 TS20
1 None fault accident Oct 2004
Standard 03 DC5 quote.

£1276.. Nearly double what I was paying on the DC2, not impressed.

sky insurance

Advanced Member
Greensprout said:
No good for me :cry:
Sorry bud, we cannt be the cheapest all the time. Please try us again next year and hopefully we will be more competitive. On a more positive note we are insuring a lot of members from this club so keep the quote requests coming through 8)