SKY INSURANCE WHAT A BEEPING JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
Just got off the phone to this disgraceful insurance company, what a complete joke they are!
I was with them last yr and was happy with the price, was told my renewal wouldnt be the usual bump in price like they all seem to do for a consecutive yr. Well got my renewal price through and 'shock' was £200 more expensive!!!!
So as you do phoned around for cheaper quotes a few companies beat the price, so went back to sky to see if they could do anything they managed to get it down futher, thought to myself im actually making progress. I asked the guy from sky if that was my total price for paying in installments they replied yes so i happily agreed to accept, just recieved my renewal documents and to my disbelief there is another £130 added to my premium as this includes a £20 legal charge and £110 for interest charge from the finance company, crist this wound me up just phoned up and gave them an earful as i cant see how they managed to not understand the question "Is this the total price" i will be paying baring in mind they knew i was paying in installments. This is such a sly thing they do and urge anybody who is quoting like for like between companies to take this into consideration as i am now paying over the odds insurance for my car when i could of gone else where and got it cheaper with a company who actually understands what TOTAL PRICE MEANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously not impressed at all sky!!!!!!!!

Fizz

Rather than blaming Sky in general it might just have been a mistake by the chap you spoke to about the total price?

Zani

Advanced Member
Not to be rude, but it is common knowledge that you add interest on top of the premium when paying monthly... BUT this should have been explained to you over the phone!

... And on the same page as you, I am also not happy with SKY, bumping up my price from the previous year as they do every year and wouldn't lower it... Rather then shop around and get them to match it as ive done for the last 4 years... I decided to go with adrian flux.

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
Yeah it could of been apart from their whole attitude stunk when i phoned up about this problem and they tried putting the blame onto me and are now messing me around not phoning me back when promised etc first they say they will cancel my policy with no charge, now they are trying to charge me, policy only renewed yest no money has even gone to them, they have made the mistake just wish they could be decent enough and deal with it! Is that really to much to ask??????

As for the common knowledge insult please re-read my post i asked the guy twice if that was my total cost inc everything that includes interest on top!!! I asked this twice to confirm in which he still did not answer with well there will be a £20 admin fee plus 13% finance charge. Every other insurance company i have delt has never managed to balls this up.

If sky will let me cancel without charge i will be going to adrian flux as they quoted £100 cheaper in the first place and that includes the interest on the direct debits- They didnt have a problem understanding this so im sorry, sky are to blame and im seriously urineed off as i have spent all afternoon trying to sort out their mistake.

It sounds like the will charge me to cancel now anyway so the money i would have to pay would use up the money saved by changing absolute con.

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
Im sorry to have to say this but ive never been treated so badly nor spoken to so rudely by a company before, David in particular what an idiot, so unprofessional its unbelievable. Tried to charge me for his mistake wanted £155 of me to cancel haha what a joke his attitude was so bad i asked to speak to his manager who was very proffessional about the whole matter and said she would cancel my policy with no charges as they hadnt even collected any money yet anyway, and it only renewed yesterday. All i can say is i hope that David losses his job over this and is lucky they arent local otherwise i would of gone into there offices and rammed that phone down his throat!!!!

One very put off customer will never be using them again!!!

Now off to ring adrian flux a professional company.

brucey87

Advanced Member
sorry to hear about your problem mate. im with sky now and been with adrian flux the previous 2 years. both have been spot on for me at renewal time.

i understand your frustration though! sure he would of been more proffessional face to face although ramming the phone down his throat would of been funny to watch. lol

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

I'm not taking sides on this one but I recently spoke to a guy at Sky called David and at the end of our conversation I renewed and got a good hassle free deal.

I'm not suggesting that the two are the same.

I'm a big believer in the best of customer relationships. Its regrettable that sometimes misunderstandings do occur. It's usually easily sorted by both parties talking to each other

Regards. Granty.

dotty

Advanced Member
I recently had a bit of a mare with one of sky's rookies, all seems to be sorted now though. I'd advise anyone to ring and speak to one of the sky 'veterans'. I had all sorts of clerical errors with my documents.

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
Forgot to actually mention that he first told me he was gonna charge me £265 to cancel due to his mistake, it then went down to £155 after i told him what he could do with his £265!!!! Seriously its completely outrages how he was deliberatley going out of his way to try and charge me for his mistake and just kept telling me i was in the wrong and it was my fault. Makes you wonder doesnt it what would of happened if he was talking to someone who didnt stand up for themselves and this is what really gets to me this complete idoit could be charging innocent customers money which they shouldnt be paying!!!!
I also find it funny that once i spoke to his manageress and explained what he was trying to do, she was no trouble what so ever and cancelled my policy without charging me a penny!!!! That bloke is such a tool and i feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with him in the future if he still has his job, because of him i have been put of sky insurance for life!!!!!

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Forgot to actually mention that he first told me he was gonna charge me £265 to cancel due to his mistake, it then went down to £155 after i told him what he could do with his £265!!!! Seriously its completely outrages how he was deliberatley going out of his way to try and charge me for his mistake and just kept telling me i was in the wrong and it was my fault. Makes you wonder doesnt it what would of happened if he was talking to someone who didnt stand up for themselves and this is what really gets to me this complete idoit could be charging innocent customers money which they shouldnt be paying!!!! I also find it funny that once i spoke to his manageress and explained what he was trying to do, she was no trouble what so ever and cancelled my policy without charging me a penny!!!! That bloke is such a tool and i feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with him in the future if he still has his job, because of him i have been put of sky insurance for life!!!!!
Hi.

Great to hear it got sorted in the end. Regards. Granty.

Stoo

Whining.....
If flux was £100 cheaper in the first place, why did you go for sky???

Don't be fooled by the way, flux are no better. I've had poor service from them too with regards to cancellations, thicker changes and admin fees. Only when I've kicked up serious fuss has anything been done about it.

kingston

Advanced Member
All insurance companies are the same though, Ive never really had a problem with Sky (well i have but that was a few years ago and them losing my documents) but on every renewal theres always something wrong though the details are the same.

On another car ive got, after getting various quotes to insure said car with track insurance, my current company said yes no problem, that'll be 1200 all in with 7k limited mileage at an agreed value of £X. Paperwork comes through, everything is correct except value of car is down by £6k - get on phone - oh sorry sir it needs a tracker to be insured for £X
So threaten to leave them as it was a day after i renewed it = full refund - ok sir, we'll refund you £200 to bring it inline with the broker their using (who i could have dealt direct with initially but MWA originally said theyd be cheaper than them)
£200 back get tracker fitted but it all comes to more but cars insured for £X now and paperwork comes back
Now the mileage is down to 5k and if i want to increase it, thatll cost me £155 more - of course this is out of the refund period without incurring some bullexcrement charge

So no matter who the company is, there all trying to shaft you anyway they can since the recessions hit

p.s. quickly reply buttons working

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
dotty his name was David thats all i know.

Stoo i went back to sky to see if they could price match or beat my cheapest quote as i was previously with them, it is obviously alot easy to stay with your existing company then change if possible.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
speak to Ollie via the forum - insurance section, if you are not happy

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
WHAT IS SKY'S PROBLEM???????????????????????? after all the grief ive gone through with them and after thinking this was finally getting sorted. I was told i would not be charged a penny as it was their mistake i have now looked at my online banking to find that they have taken a first monthly payment grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr im not even with them now!!!!!!! Fuming is an understatement just reported them to my bank investigation is underway, i cannot F-ing believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does make you wonder about this company that they are soooooooooooooo desperate for your business that they have to rob money off you, this was suppose to have all been cancelled over a week ago so there is no excuse to still take money of me now, nor have i received any cancellation documents from them??????

Oh well looks like another phone call to them yet again on monday, they have probably cost me £100 in phone calls as it is.

kazmo

Advanced Member
its your responsibility as well to cancel direct debit payments, maybe a cheaper phone network you need also...

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
Kazmo i did cancel my direct debit with my bank aswell a week previous to them then taking the money and as for cheaper network when u have spent hrs on the phone to them trying to sort this excrement out it kinda gets expensive. Do you work for them or something?????