Sky wouldn't insure me

turbo5

Advanced Member
I got my usually renewal figure from A plan (which was the same as last year) and thought I would ring around for a better deal, afterall every year the car goes down in value. I am lets say a fossil in my 40's with a clean license, professonal occupation and 10 year no claims. Car parked on the drive, well lit with security lighting at the front of the house. Nice area on the ouskirts of town. Insurance shouldn't be a problem.
Sky were polite but said they don't insure BB postcodes. I think I should thank a certain group of people who like to cause crashes by making people slam into the back of them and claim whiplash injuries.The Junctions on the M65 are the 2nd 3rd and 4th in the country.
http://www.supanet.com/mens-room/motoring/top-10-crash-for-cash-uk-hotspots-revealed-27287p1.html

Anyhow Adrian Flux came in £80 cheaper than my renewal so happy days.

Stoo

Whining.....
Flux beat aplan and sky for me too

Funny thing is they all used the same underwriter!!

chrisd85

I just gave SKY a phone and they have told me that my car MUST have a CAT 1 alarm before they will insure it. I have a facelift that is fitted with an alarm and immobiliser as standard but because they were fitted in Japan I need to get them approved.

Im a bit gutted because they were nearly £300 cheaper than Aplan :eek: . ...Oh well, the search continues.

Rob R

Advanced Member
Get a cheap and cheerful cat 1 alarm installed? Will only work in your favour whoever you insure your car with.

LeeH

Advanced Member
Get them signed off by an installer. I had the do that when the sva center would not accept my GAP installed Clifford 650.

sky insurance

Advanced Member
I just gave SKY a phone and they have told me that my car MUST have a CAT 1 alarm before they will insure it. I have a facelift that is fitted with an alarm and immobiliser as standard but because they were fitted in Japan I need to get them approved.

Im a bit gutted because they were nearly £300 cheaper than Aplan :eek: . ...Oh well, the search continues.
Please PM me your details (name, postcode) and also details of the alarm system currently installed.. I'll have a look into this and get back to you.

Coupe Rob

Advanced Member

I had to get a CAT 1 alarm installed on my facelift before many insurance companies would insure.

Probably worth doing anyway