Slight misfire on cold start - Help

TEG_DC5_R

Advanced Member
Over the last few days my DC5 has had a slight misfire only on a cold start first thing in the morning.

The EML flashes when this happens but it all clears up after a couple of minutes.

What could be causing this and how could I cure this issue?

All help will be appreciated :)

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
Fudged coil pack loose connection, bad earth, dodgy spark plug.

Few things I would try to start with.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I'd get a reader on it if it was me. Could save you lots of time in the long run. Could be a sensor in the exhaust on its way out or even timing tensioner related in theory but hopefully not. Is your oil level as it should be?

Mark did you say a flashy eml light could be early indication of timing chain/tensioner issue or was that more at high rpms? Was just thinking it takes a while for the tensioner to do its job properly from cold being oil fed

Mark_teg

Staff member
I'd get a reader on it if it was me. Could save you lots of time in the long run. Could be a sensor in the exhaust on its way out or even timing tensioner related in theory but hopefully not. Is your oil level as it should be?

Mark did you say a flashy eml light could be early indication of timing chain/tensioner issue or was that more at high rpms? Was just thinking it takes a while for the tensioner to do its job properly from cold being oil fed

High rpm mate.