slight oil leak from rear of engine

swanny1982

Advanced Member
As stated above I have been losing approx 1 litre of oil every few months, there is evidence of a slight oil leak at the rear of the engine, does anyone know if there is a switch or plug at the rear of the engine that can leak?

Thanks in advance

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
At the rear is the oil filter... kind of in line with where the driver sits, under the exhaust manifold. Id check there first.

However. How many miles are you doing in a couple of months? circa 1000 - 1500 ish? that amount of oil consumption sounds about right for a daily driver, on that sort of monthly millage. loads of different factors for oil usage but that's another matter...

If its not used that regularly, the slight drip isn't going to be loosing you that much, and the usage is down to another factor. I found mine improve greatly when I changed to a different brand of oil for example. simple as that. :)

hope this helps mate. let us know your findings.

swanny1982

Advanced Member
thanks, will check around the oil filter first, im only doing about 200 miles in that space of time as it was sat in the bodyshop for a long time, so its defo a leak of some sort rather than normal oil consumption, will check it out and let you know the result. Gonna put an update of pictures on the gallery tomorrow also as havent put the car on there before!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah, looking forward to you showing us how you have cleard the "FLO" registered infamous teggy. :)

swanny1982

Advanced Member
ha ha, well for starters it now has a private plate on it to get rid of the stigma in the name! So long as it doesnt rain will take some piccys today!