Slight Problem?!

David Fox

Advanced Member
Don't know if anyone can help me, but driving back to camp last nite (early hours of the morning - no traffic) and gave it some VTec action when all of a sudden the clocks stopped working on the car, and i couldn't accelerate! Pulled over, turned engine off. Checked under the bonnet. Everything seemed fine, turned engine on, everything back to normal. It didn't happen again on the way back to camp so any suggestions?

Ta very much 8)

mikegsi

Staff member
sounds like it went into 'safe' mode, get it checked out mate, im not too sure on teh possible causes, is your oil level ok?

have you checked your ecu diagnostic to see if any codes are stored?

David Fox

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
sounds like it went into 'safe' mode, get it checked out mate, im not too sure on teh possible causes, is your oil level ok?

have you checked your ecu diagnostic to see if any codes are stored?
ECU diagnostic? Mike, this is someone who still plays Streetfighter on his Megadrive!

The oil level is fine, the car has been fine after this incident, I'll mention it on its service in the coming weeks, which brings me to my next question..........

Who's the best to service the car, a Honda garage or TDI in Warrington?

dan the man

Advanced Member
TDI are bang on...A1 they are.

And whats happened to your car is the converter fro the speedo has glitched i reckon. And the speedo drops to zero as if your still so the engine limits to 5.5k so if your over this will just cut out.

Mine did it other day..just gotta wait for the speedo to bob back up and im on power again!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
As per Dan with the speedo, but get someone to read the fault codes, a honda garage shouldn't really charge you for this, i would say TDi North as they are closer.

David Fox

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
TDI are bang on...A1 they are.

And whats happened to your car is the converter fro the speedo has glitched i reckon. And the speedo drops to zero as if your still so the engine limits to 5.5k so if your over this will just cut out.

Mine did it other day..just gotta wait for the speedo to bob back up and im on power again!
Quality mate! I'll get it checked when I get the beast anyway but that now gives me a warm cosy feeling it wasn't anything to do with the engine at least.

Cheers again everyone 8)