slow!!!!!!!!!

hussain124

Advanced Member
hello

right guys my pc is really annoying me, pictures takes ages to load up, its like when i go on gallary on this forum Pictures load in pieces and its very slow . i know my pc spec isnt up to date but it isnt bad by any means, i have just had this problem recenlty :xconfused: any suggestions?

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Im not very PC orientated but from what my brother does to mine its just in need of a good tidy up memory wise and possibly the fan being blocked? Needs good air flow.

hussain124

Advanced Member
i actually stripped the pc and hooverd it from inside but still no luck, regarding memory only 33GB has been used and 119GB left. so dont think that should be a cause of slowing the pc up :xconfused:

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Sounds ok to me then, thats all i got :lol: There any specific programs running? Scans and Fileshare programs used to slow mine down.

hussain124

Advanced Member
its probabaly needs rebooting as had it for 3 years now and never been rebooted.
dont know how to reboot the pc though :lol:

alucardo

Advanced Member
hussain124 said:
i actually stripped the pc and hooverd it from inside but still no luck, regarding memory only 33GB has been used and 119GB left. so dont think that should be a cause of slowing the pc up :xconfused:
Are you referring to hard drive space?
How much RAM do you have and what Operating system are you running?
Have you ran a virus checker and spyware checker?

hussain124

Advanced Member
alucardo said:
hussain124 said:
Are you referring to hard drive space?
How much RAM do you have and what Operating system are you running?
Have you ran a virus checker and spyware checker?

yes mate thats the hard drive space.

where do you check the RAM? :roll: i clicked on properties it says 2.01 GHz, 448 mb of RAM,?
Yes i have ran a virus checker and its fine

i dont know if the stuff below means any thing to any one

Model : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
Speed : 2.01GHz
Model Number : 3200 (estimated)
Performance Rating : PR3618 (estimated)
Cores per Processor : 1 Unit(s)
Threads per Core : 1 Unit(s)
Internal Data Cache : 64kB Synchronous, Write-Back, 2-way set, 64 byte line size
L2 On-board Cache : 512kB ECC Synchronous, Write-Back, 16-way set, 64 byte line size

Mainboard
Bus(es) : ISA PCI PCIe USB FireWire/1394
MP Support : 1 Processor(s)
MP APIC : No
System BIOS : Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG
System : Shuttle Inc ST20V10
Mainboard : Shuttle Inc RS480-M1573
Total Memory : 447MB DDR-SDRAM

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Have you defragged yet as mentioned above? Thats another that speeds mine up.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
you need more RAM and a lot more of it...its cheap now too!

Windows runs like a dog on just 512Mb so it'll be caching to your old slow HDD a lot.

I would advise:
Upgrade RAM to 2Gb
Format
Reinstall Windows

Job done!

hussain124

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:

Windows runs like a dog on just 512Mb so it'll be caching to your old slow HDD a lot.

I would advise:
Upgrade RAM to 2Gb
Format
Reinstall Windows

Job done!

THANKS MATE, yes i am gOING TO RAM UPDATED, any links to decent RAM? JUST been checking microdirect.co.uk

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
hussain124 said:
BadBadtz said:

I would advise:
Upgrade RAM to 2Gb
Format
Reinstall Windows

Job done!

THANKS MATE, yes i am gOING TO RAM UPDATED, any links to decent RAM? JUST been checking microdirect.co.uk
Check out aria.co.uk or ebuyer.co.uk

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Also try www.scan.co.uk and ebuyer for prices on ram. You dont need to buy anything special but ram is cheap now so you should be able to get something fairly good. Corsair stuff is good.