small aircon switch annoyance

gambitt

My aircon was removed when I bought the car and I couldn't be bothered to put it back in seeing as it only gets used a few times a year. I clear my screen with the heater but whenever I set the air flow to the screen the green aircon light comes on and the air source automatically switches from recirculating air to getting air from outside (orange light goes off) which is annoying when I'm sat behind a bus. So everytime I want to clear the screen I have to turn the non existent aircon off and press the button next to it to recirculate the air again. Is there a way to shop this from happening?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yes but i cant remember how, :(

something to do with switching the ignition on and off and the fan switches in a certain sequence sets the preference.
tried a search?

barrettjona

can you buy a dc5 new from factory without aircon??? if you could you could buy the heater controls from honda without the ac button.or do they all come with ac. could anyone answer this?

qamvti

Advanced Member
gambitt said:
My aircon was removed when I bought the car and I couldn't be bothered to put it back in seeing as it only gets used a few times a year. I clear my screen with the heater but whenever I set the air flow to the screen the green aircon light comes on and the air source automatically switches from recirculating air to getting air from outside (orange light goes off) which is annoying when I'm sat behind a bus. So everytime I want to clear the screen I have to turn the non existent aircon off and press the button next to it to recirculate the air again. Is there a way to shop this from happening?
Its shows you how to do this on clubrsx.
HTH

gambitt

qamvti said:
gambitt said:
Its shows you how to do this on clubrsx.
HTH
do you mean this?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2985

Because I already tried this and it didn't work.

Paul Type R

Yes I would also like to know how to cancel the auto air con. Link doesn't work by the way.

Bloody hell its been ages since i've been on here.... :wink:

Paul