'Small' issue

mikegsi

Staff member
i would gamble with fuses to start with, then as you say check your earth's, have you got an aftermarket earthing kit on?

you havent exposed any wire swapping your head unit over?

robbed from external site said:
Alternator whine is that high pitched sound sometimes heard on a mobile radio transmission. The frequency will rise when the engine speed is increased thus if the person is driving around town it can be heard going up and down. It is caused by excessive AC component on the vehicle‘s DC circuit which is above the level able to be filtered out by the radio‘s DC input circuit.
Normally this can be cured by proper install. Connect the positive power take off directly at the battery terminal or starter solenoid (see note) terminal which if the battery does not have a terminal designed to be tapped is usually the best point to tap 12 volts. Be sure the terminal is clean. Connect the negative pick up to chassis ground and not to the battery negative terminal. If these simple rules do not cure the problem it is very likely the alternator is going out, the voltage regulator is bad, or the battery is weak.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
call an auto electrician or take it to someone experienced.

you have blown a fuse i expect,
there could be many causes of RF noise.a bad earth is favourite

i have had the inteference problem with Pioneer headunits in the past, the earth tracks on the pcb boards burn out

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I've had a bit of an alternator whine on my car and horrible interference, so much so that I've had to completely turn the HU off. At first I thought it was the HU itself, but I have sourced a know working one and the problem is still there. To make matters worse I have now broken something (hopefully a fuse) and the car has the following symptoms:

Central locking doesn't work
Car doesn't lock from the key fob
No audible warning when lights left on and key removed
No audible warning when keys in ignition and door opened
Speed converter resets every time ignition is put on
No power to HU

Any idea what I've done?

Also, are there any specific points I should be looking for when checking the earth on the car?

Cheers.

neilaston87

Advanced Member
I had all the same issues in my civic type r.

Turned out to be a fuse, however mine was a recurring problem due to a short.

But everytime i changed the fuse everything worked again!

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Chris has pm'd me over on TRO.

He wanted to point out this thread is all "iggley-piggley" because of the issues DC5.com is struggling with at the moment. :-#

POINT MADE. O:)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Crisis averted. It was a blown fuse. There was a 7.5A one there and it should have been a 10A one. God knows how long that's been there.

Also taped up every last wire behind the HU and now it's back to normal. Thank fook.