Smells like a damp dog?..........

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
:D On a serious note - Sometimes when I turn on the air fan or cooling the car smells a bit like a damp dog. Even worse in the wet weather - which the North has been getting a lot of late.

Which filter needs cleaned/changed?

Cheers.

Vtec_wannabe

Advanced Member
Hey,

I had a similar problem in my EP Civic and I changed the two cabin filters which were located behind the glove box. Not to sure on the DC5 tho they cost about £10 each from Honda and cured the smell in my old car :wink:

James

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Yeh when I put my AC on I can notice a smell when I next come back to my car! Should have a look at changing filters myself too!

dotty

Advanced Member
:)

Noticed an iffy smell when I first turn my fans on, what are these filters behind the glove box?

boz5r

Advanced Member
just changed mine located in a white plastic box behind glovebox same filter as ep3 civic.

Marpol

Advanced Member
After reading this post I decided to check the condition of my pollen filters only to find there are none! :(

Just found the two empty trays but no filters! Have ordered some so that I can have some lovely filtered air! :lol:

dan_dc5

Advanced Member
Apparently, the smell that comes from air con systems is due to a build up of bacteria in the evaporator part of the system causing colds, headaches and fever etc. I found this out on a refrigeration course I went on at work. The only way to properly get rid of it is to disinfect the system.

Although, its possibly tosh and changing the filters will be enough :lol:

dan_dc5

Advanced Member
Apparently, the smell that comes from air con systems is due to a build up of bacteria in the evaporator part of the system causing colds, headaches and fever etc. I found this out on a refrigeration course I went on at work. The only way to properly get rid of it is to disinfect the system.

Although, its possibly tosh and changing the filters will be enough :lol:

wilko2010

Advanced Member
After reading this went out to check mine too, both trays empty may order some of these filters.

Marpol

Advanced Member
wilko2010 said:
After reading this went out to check mine too, both trays empty may order some of these filters.
Ive just ordered some blueprint ones for an EP3 from ebay for £12.50 as my trays were empty :D

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
Marpol said:
wilko2010 said:
Ive just ordered some blueprint ones for an EP3 from ebay for £12.50 as my trays were empty :D
What did you type in to the ebay search mate as i just checked mine but there empty aswell, even better if you could stick up a link to it :D

Marpol

Advanced Member
darquinn2006 said:
Marpol said:
wilko2010 said:
What did you type in to the ebay search mate as i just checked mine but there empty aswell, even better if you could stick up a link to it :D
here you go...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Civic-T..._CarParts_SM&hash=item2a05a2291b#ht_500wt_922

Marpol

Advanced Member
thomsojf said:
Where do I find these filters, on the car that is?

I've got the same sort of smell....
Open your glove box and remove the clips on each side that stop it swinging all the way down.

Behind the glove box is a white box with a little door, unclip the door and you should see the first filter tray

Pull that out then slide the second filter tray accross and remove that too :D

dotty

Advanced Member
darquinn2006 said:
Thanks mate just gonna order one now :D
You need two, I am not sure whether or not you get two from that ebay link or just one?