Snapped air temp sensor

tron2k3

Advanced Member
I've just swapped my air intake hose with a new one as the odl one had split, but while taking the air temp sensor off I've split the plastic around the tip which goes into the intake hose. It hasn't snapped off but I can see the wires which hold it together.

Anyone know if this will still perform as it should or do I need to get a new one?

TIA

Will

jostrom

Advanced Member
It will most likely still perform. The tip of the IAT is loose from its base anyway. If the wire that goes around there (the 2 parts of the wire you see) is ok, it will work. And if it doesn't work, you will get a CEL light telling about it.

If you have a K-Pro or a OBD2-tester, you can also check the reading from it.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
As jos says it should be fine , do you have a CEL?, if not get the super glue out.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
thanks both.

Took it out for a spin and no cel light :)

I'll see how it goes, may have to order one from Dave just incase

griffy

Advanced Member
I know this is an old thread but, I did the same last night. Yanked out the sensor and half snapped the end off (bugger)
I'll check today if a CEL light comes on. If not are we saying its all good?

Also what job does this temp sensor do? what could result in this sensor not working, anyone know? thanks in advance.

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
if your temp sensor isn't working, the car goes into a default base map, will be sore on fuel and have less power etc.