Snow foam/auto foam

H105Daz

Advanced Member
Ok, in the video clips and on the advertising campaigns, when this stuff is put on a car it looks like er snow or shaving foam nearly.

I have the Karcher jetwasher and bottle lance etc and using Bilt Hamber Auto foam, I have the water supply on half to three quarters full and the bottle lance 'ratio' setting on max.

So why does the 'foam' look no more than when using general suds from a bucket and sponge? Its not blocked, as I have emptied a half litre bottle of Bilt's' over the car!

The splurge says 'leave to dwell on the car for five to ten minutes' .... after about two minutes it was virtually gone! Am I doing something wrong?

All that aggro with hoses, cables, lances and different attachments etc, and still had to dig out the bucket and sponge .... :xaiweb6:

I am not one to spend all day cleaning and detailing, but just wanted to try out this 'contactless clean' but stone me what a pullava.

alan-lee

Advanced Member
hmm... id say theres obviously a fault with the ratio changer on the foam lance mate, i purchased an HD lance off ebay and have to say at full ratio it pretty much makes my car a CW Teg and sits for a good while. Maybe try a heavier dilute?

H105Daz

Advanced Member
Ah! I wish I had asked now before buying the Karcher lance. curse another £50!

Ok cheers, at least I know the problem now. But how can they differ so, its such a simple attachment?

H105Daz

Advanced Member
To use, unscrew the reservoir and pour approximately 100 ml of Meguiar’s Hyper Wash into the bottom, then fill it to the top with hot water, screw it back on to the injector head and shake the whole unit gently to mix the solution before finally attaching it to your pressure washer
Oops I didnt see this, was I supposed to mix the solution first?

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Ah! I wish I had asked now before buying the Karcher lance. curse another £50!

Ok cheers, at least I know the problem now. But how can they differ so, its such a simple attachment?
Yeah £50 is alot for it but i've had mine for 2 years now and i have to say i can't wash my car without it, its a great dirt pusher and loosener, i user Megs Hyperwash with mine.

Oops I didnt see this, was I supposed to mix the solution first?
Where is that quoted from? that link i sent?

H105Daz

Advanced Member
Yeah £50 is alot for it but i've had mine for 2 years now and i have to say i can't wash my car without it, its a great dirt pusher and loosener, i user Megs Hyperwash with mine.

Where is that quoted from? that link i sent?

Yes, in the How to Use tab. But thats with the Maguires stuff so probably dont have to mix the Bilt stuff.

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
I've used Bilt Hamber Auto foam with a quality lance and tbh it doesn't foam as much as other products.
It's been a while since, but i'm sure I diluted it.

alan-lee

Advanced Member
I got 5 litres free with my hd foam lance off ebay and i use it with every wash and its very heavy.. I still have well over half left and i bought it nearly a year ago! Search for HD foam lance on ebay mate..

You could pay big bucks for named brands but at the end of the day it is just a degreaser!

rascal69

Advanced Member
I use autosmart snowfoam. i get it at trade. 25l bottle lasts me about a year or so.
About 4 pumps in a bottle.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
I've been using Ultimate Snow Foam for some time now and it's extremely good as a pre-wash.

Had some very good reviews over the past.

About £15 for 5L

I tend to mix with luke warm water rather than cold, not sure why really but seemed to work fair bit better than cold.