Snow Foam & Pressure Washer.

Chewy

Advanced Member
That'll be fine mate,

I use the Karcher K3.575 with Autobrite HD lance and snow foam and it's perfect, Pressure washer is more than powerful enough and get a nice thick foam going.

K4 is slightly more powerful than mine so even better.

FireDance

Advanced Member
I have read on Detailing World some of them use Nilfisk C120 pressure washer. Is there much difference between them & a Karcher?

I also assume I need to buy the adapter for the lance separately or can I buy a pressure washer with the attachment included?

Sorry for all the questions!!

Chewy

Advanced Member
Haha, No worries.

I've only ever used Karcher, so I've not had any experience with others such as the 'Nilfisk C120 pressure washer' I'm afraid, so I personally can't help on that one.

Once you come to purchasing your lance, no need to worry about adapters you just need to buy a lance that is ready made for Karcher fitment. (Or for whatever pressure washer you end up with)

Again, I use the Autobrite HD lance, and it was just a case of looking for the Karcher compatible one.

Hope this helps.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I've got the Nilfisk C120 pressure washer, main reason for going for it over a Karcher was after reading on DetailingWorld I believe the they aren't as reliable as they once used to be,

The only thing I will say is its probably not quite as powerful as I was hoping, but then the only thing I have to compare it to is the big industrial one at BT Fleet used for washing the vans and lorries and its damn powerful.

The Autobrite HD snowfoam lance is the only one to go for, I got it with Magifoam, I was slightly disappointed with the cleaning ability when I first started using it but changed my wax and now it is much better. Only thing is the dwell time doesn't seem great, but again I put that down to the good wax as everything just runs off the paint.

Personally though, I still find the car needs washed with the 2 bucket method afterwords, snowfoam and pressure washer is good at removing all surface junk so the risk of scratching the paint is greatly minimalised,.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
we just bought a k4 from the karcher outlet, it is an ex display/refurbished model but was about £80 quid cheaper, i have the karcher snow foam attachment which works ok, also we use meguiars hyperwash as it is very concentrated

Dan34

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
we just bought a k4 from the karcher outlet, it is an ex display/refurbished model but was about £80 quid cheaper, i have the karcher snow foam attachment which works ok, also we use meguiars hyperwash as it is very concentrated
+1 on the hyper wash, great stuff!

I've had a Nilfisk for a couple of years now and works fine, reason i got it over a karcher is because of the ally pumps they have which are meant to last a lot longer.

Erm

Advanced Member
Had a Karcher for years (at least 7 years) with no problems

FireDance

Advanced Member
Cheers guys

If I was to look at the Nilfisk, which is a good one to go for!?!?

Also, where do I get the apaptors from for the lance? Does it come with the lance when I buy it?!?!

dotty

Advanced Member
I use a nilfisk. Great pw. I remember ordering the lance and specifying which nilfisk model I had. Think it was off cleanyourcar.co.uk or somewhere like that.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
I ended up getting the non compact K4 (http://www.karcher.co.uk/uk/Products/Home__Garden/Pressure_washers/11801510.htm?&cralt=16733010,16732240,16731250,16731270,16731290,16732210,16731220,11806610,11803120,16373130,11801510,16373110,11812610,11806340,11681750)

And it works great for what i need it for. It was reduced in B&Q and my dad gets his seniors discount so i took him along :) all in all i got a brand new unit for around £80 less than it usually is!

EDIT: Forgot to add this is the snow foam lance i use: http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/pa-foam-lance-cat2.html

Use that in conjunction with Megs Hyper Wash and you get a really good thick lather that lasts for around 7 minutes.