Snow foam recommendations

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Hi all, currently using the autobrite HD lance and their own snow foam. But the time has come to buy new, so if anyone has any good recommendations, please let me know :)

Im tempted with the auto finesse stuff at the mo.

Regards
James

Brophy

Advanced Member
I've tried loads, got about 20odd litres of different snow foam

Best one I would say is Bilt Hamber snow foam and best price of around £20 on eBay

Rob R

Advanced Member
I use Chemical Guys citrus wash and gloss through a lance, works really well

Brophy

Advanced Member
Yeah I've tried it, goes on thinner than most but is not bad cleaning power.

Still prefer the BH Autofoam.

I've tried..

Chemical Guys no touch snow foam
Bilt Hamber Autofoam
Angelwax fastfoam
CarChem snow foam
Autofinesse Avalanche
Autobright Magifoam

And my two favourites are the Carchem and BH.

Both good cleaning power but also the foam disappears off the drive, whereas some like the CG or Magifoam it hangs about for ages lol

If want a sample of one of them send me a PM sure could sort you out

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah i did notice that with the autobrite. Haha thanks for the offer bud, im going to get the built hamber i think, price isn't too bad so no big loss....but as you have recommended it im sure its not going to be terrible.

Thanks all ;)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'm using Auto brite snow foam but with a garden pump instead of a lance because I'm a tight arse ha ha! One you pump by hand. I get very little in the way of foam in fact, once it goes on it immediately turns to water. Is this down to the foam product or because it's not being powered through a machine lance? Silly question I know.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Its your pump, lol mlh autobrite stuff is very thick indeed if you want it to. Foam lance is what you need bud. But fair play for trying haha

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Ha ha ha ha!!! Fair play for trying. Lol. It was someone off here that advised I try it ha! I'll have to invest in one. Hey, a bird a crapped all over my back door the other day so got the pump and auto foam on it and it destroyed the poo ha ha ha!!!

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Had BH, was good but did not Dwell for long.

Now on Valet Pro PH neutral stuff and its fantastic

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Funny you say that, ive bought some other stuff as the built hamber doesn't dwell for long. It's cleaning ability is excellent but not enough time to get round the whole car getting into nooks and crannies. So I also bought some autobrite super foam as i know its cheaper brother the magnifoam foamed well and did an alright job of cleaning. but tbh its not as good as the stuff which I was trying to replace in the first place, haha doh! More expensive, smells nice but doesn't seem to clean as well. Or foam as well for that matter. Lol I think ill end up with a few litres just like brophy at the end of this month. Haha

I just want a good cleaner, and something that will also dwell for a while during winter months. So far ive been unsuccessful in finding it, but I'll have a look at this valet pro stuff Tom. Any pictures?

I know its not all about suds and bubbles, but its all in the simple things haha

Rom

Advanced Member
I've used BH and Valet Pro PH.
There's not much in it really. Dwell time can be increased by a stronger mixture.
I also go over the car more than once.

To mix, I just do it by eye. Probably 1.5 to 1 inches of foam, upto about half way or just over with water. That's more than enough to cover the car. So I just keep going until it's pretty much used.

The only time I've found foam good enough to actually require nothing else but a rinse and dry. Was when I used to wash my cars every week.
Which since having a kid, is a distant memory!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I did not find increasing the mix of BH increased the dwelling time to be anywhere near as good as the Valet pro stuff.

Max and I split the BH stuff originally but have both now bought 5L of the valet pro stuff each as it seems a lot better