Snow foaming

kingston

Advanced Member
Hello,

Been using a snow foam recently but always have the pressure setting down on the minimum, just wondering what pressure people use it on and not so that it strips of the layers of wax/polish etc underneath.

I wouldnt mind doing that when im going to clay/polish/wax but not for the intermediate washes.

Thanks

m40ttc

hay, i cant change the pressure on my pressure wash so i comes out at a high pressure,
i would of thought the higher the pressure the more it foams up,
depending on what foam you are using the one i use doesnt strip the polish off, i snow foam mine before every wash to get as much dirt off before putting my wash mit to the paint,
if you havnt found this web site yet www.detailingworld.co.uk has everything you need to know about washing ur car,
hope this help.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Handy to know about the vents - thanks mate. I've been contemplating getting a snow lance or the lesser foam gun for a while, primarily to get and keep more suds on the car whilst I'm washing it.

One of the detailers on detailerworld uses a small amount of degreaser in the solution mix which turns up much better results. Not sure what type and amount is safe though.

Aly

Advanced Member
The Lance is amazing, everything else was useless from experience.

EK9turbo

Best thing I ever did was have an undersink mixer tap going to the outside tap. The difference washing with 20-30* water is day and night. Even without great pressure or a fancy jetwash.