Snow vs DC5

BillyMcc

Advanced Member
Why are dc5's so crap in the snow? :p

Will all the white snow on my car it made me think about spraying it white, looked great!

Mine makes a great snow plough!

kingston

Advanced Member
Because your probably running around on tyres not designed for snow...

Having said that, i went Chamonix last Xmas in mine on semi slicks and it managed ok...

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
mine is ropey in the snow at best.... its on goodyear eagle F1's which dispise the snow :lol: hasn't moved in a few days now.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Deffo the tread..... if you have ones like mine (Toyo T1R) Just don't bother going out, :lol:

(Although they still didn't slip at all on flat ground!)

jay82

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
Deffo the tread..... if you have ones like mine (Toyo T1R) Just don't bother going out, :lol:

(Although they still didn't slip at all on flat ground!)
for some reason i think the toyo's are good in icey conditions if you keep a eye on the presures and crap in normal weather :xconfused:

kimi

Advanced Member
i'm on toyos and the drive to work this morning was interesting to say the least :?

cant say i enjoyed it :shock: i'll be glad when i'm back on my drive later
and teggy can put its boots up for 4 days :xlol:

jay82

Advanced Member
kimi said:
i'm on toyos and the drive to work this morning was interesting to say the least :?

cant say i enjoyed it :shock: i'll be glad when i'm back on my drive later
and teggy can put its boots up for 4 days :xlol:
i haven't tried them in the snow yet we're just getting bad ice over in ireland at the moment.

kimi

Advanced Member
my work is on an industrial estate up a small incline,
i drove up slowly but cant say i'm looking forward to stopping for the main road
when i drive home later :eek:

boz5r

Advanced Member
Only got stuck once that was in the car park at work GY F1s on mine too just have to keep revs down and keep moving slowly better that than slam a kerb or another car.

Jimmy Mc

Mine has been ok on T1Rs but I've been struggling for traction in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th. On the plus side the car feels quicker with the cold air around

omadc5

Advanced Member
i dont think the dc5 is not too bad in the snow, just keep the revs down, think the limited slip diff helps too, most cars only grip on 1 wheel at a time

dave c

400hp K20
I went up north for xmas and i managed to get completely stuck 4 times :xlol:

Each time was not in deep snow its just the RE070's have barely any grooves and just spin up straight away. As soon as that's happened it seems to be stuck and not moving haha. seemed to be "ok" while moving tho

lukem30

mine is shockingly bad in the snow, i managed to get stuck on the tinyest incline pulling out of a petrol station, it took me 15 minutes to get out, i can't even get out of my street, could not belive how bad it was. I also have a 106 track car and that flew out of my street no problems, just can't understand why the teg is so bad

Tim J

Advanced Member
worst part of it snowing and the Teg parked up is.........kids!!

They scrap snow off the bonnet and they don't always wear gloves, I just hope I don't encounter any scratches like I did with the Crx - a nice straight 8" line :evil:

That and the fact that kids have started to throw snowballs at cars on the road, whilst driving.
Saw an RS Turbo take a hit yesterday and the driver was none too happy.