Snow vs DC5

licky

Not had my teg all that long so not changed the crapy front budget tyres but i have let some air out both front and back and hey presto she handles like a spider. I also made sure i was getting up some major hills not on the clutch all the while by getting some space and taking a run up as there is no way i will leave her on the side of a road. ;) Sorry not all budget tyres are bad Autoguard tyres are superb all rounders i had them on my leon last year best buy for winter buys.... =D> Ebay 4 CAR TYRES 225/45/17 AUTOGUARD SA802 94W XL 225 45 17
.Item number: 270659926574 £169.81 puls £17 delivery . :xtsk: Sorry in advance for advertising on general chat but its for a good cause! :-"

jon-dc5

Advanced Member
goodyear f1's FTL in the snow! :xlol:
half tempted to get me some winter tyres on my spare oems and throw them on
for a few months.

mike-R

Advanced Member
Teg hasn't moved!

Interestingly i had Goodyear f1's on my evo earlier this year in the snow, totally useless, the 4wd helped but the goodyears were pants.

(good for drifting though.... :xtsk: :-# )

Grov

Banned
Doesn't seem quite as bad as the EP3 last year, but that had Pots on. I suppose the high revving nature of the engine doesn't help.....

Stylesa

Advanced Member
At least we dont drive diseasels.... temperatures hit -20 in aberdeen last night, few boys havent been able to get to work cos they are frozen solid! (diesel turns to a gloopy gel at -9)

My teg hasnt moved since last thurs, but it was ok when i drove it in the first few days of the snowfall. Falken FK452's.

aji621

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
Deffo the tread..... if you have ones like mine (Toyo T1R) Just don't bother going out, :lol:

(Although they still didn't slip at all on flat ground!)
Lol im in ur situation lol Having to get a lift in a 4x4 every morning to my office is getting tiresome to say the least, ive even priced up buying my Own 4x4 just for winters now, goin to wait till everyone sells them for a convertible n get a cheap one lol

Grov

Banned
Why would you do that? How much snow do we get here a year? We had a bit last year, but i can't remember any before that for a long time. Just drive carefuly or take the bus lol.

dotty

Advanced Member
This is what happened to me when I tried to drive off the parking space..

greddy

I got myself a 2nd car about three week,s ago so i don,t have to drive much in the winter so i am :D

aji621

Advanced Member
Grov said:
Why would you do that? How much snow do we get here a year? We had a bit last year, but i can't remember any before that for a long time. Just drive carefuly or take the bus lol.
well i snowboard & ride quadbikes so it gives me the perfect excuse to pack up n drive somewhere in europe also

and im not a pensioner so there is no way im gettin on a bus

qamvti

Advanced Member
They is only one place for the my Teg in the snow and that's the garage last year I had a few close calls to see the least.

jay82

Advanced Member
the tegg is grand in the ice, had no problems this winter. just keep it low revs and it'll be grand
i had four bad toyos with -1mm tread depth :lol: on the last week and wasn't even a problem.
only problem i had was the door pins didn't pop up one morning

oregato

Advanced Member
Mine has not moved in weeks, its covered in snow, I went out and started it for the first time in two weeks. Started on the button. I'm not going to drive it until the snow has cleared as it's on Hankook RS2's!!

eXceed

Resident Driver
oregato said:
Mine has not moved in weeks, its covered in snow, I went out and started it for the first time in two weeks. Started on the button. I'm not going to drive it until the snow has cleared as it's on Hankook RS2's!!
Mine get's everyday use in this weather, other than the fact that the tires are shocking for this weather the car doesn't handle it too badly. Think I'll be much more prepared next year :S

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Driving around on Hankook Icebears at the moment, don't think my car has seen much of 3k RPM for a few weeks now. The weather is atrocious but i have mountains of grip \:D/

Its not as good as my summer tyres are, but id much rather spend the money on a descent set of tyres than crash it :-s

gregb

Advanced Member
2 weeks tomorrow since mine seen the tarmac,come on thaw where the hell are you!
Started twice a day with some hesitance but consistent and the starter noise is nearly all the time since the battery is on it's way out,could be the low voltage starts triggering it?
Could hardly open the doors on it today with the ice :shock: .
Saving me a fortune on petrol but 0 fun.

dotty

Advanced Member
gregb said:
Could hardly open the doors on it today with the ice :shock: .
Saving me a fortune on petrol but 0 fun.
Me too, drivers door was frozen shut :| :(