Snowfoam Sliding

Cam

Advanced Member
Anyone notice after foaming their car that the tyres are unusually slippery when cornering for ~20 miles or so?

Beginning to think it's not worth the risk.

ste01

Advanced Member
Can't say I have, wouldn't have thought it would last that long either if it was possible... Are you sure it's nothing else causing it? Do you use the car regularly or think anything else that could be causing it?

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Are you using back to black or similar on the tyres? I do and it‘s not dried fully it could be that where it‘s sprayed and gotten on the tread and not just the tyre wall

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Nope, highly doubt it will be your snowfoam... how old are your tyres? Had a car with old tyres on and in the colder dam conditions it used to shudder and slide about when doing slow driving, thought something was amiss with the suspension...fresh rubber a and grip was all it needed. (Old tyres had plenty of tread left too).

Cam

Advanced Member
I use the car practically every day but it only seems to have started happening since using snowfoam. Could just be diesel and a coincidence? I use tyre black but apply it by brush and have done for years - wouldn't have thought it could be that. Front tyres are nearly seven years old and rears have been on the car since I bought it (only do ~4k a year), I'll be purchasing new ones later this year I imagine.

:xhuh: