So you're thinking about getting a Mugen oil cap?

coconat

Advanced Member
Just a word of advice to anyone thinking of buying a Mugen oil cap..make sure you don't skimp when it comes to applying the sticker/badge..mine has only been on about two weeks and today I lifted the bonnet to find.... :(

I have to laugh, but on a serious note is it possible to buy replacements? It was just a piece of cardboard so surely they must be available?

DC5RS

DC5
Hold on the sticker went off? if its the sticker you looking at there are lots of replicas on the web for 10pounds shipped, buy one of them and apply the sticker only

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
could always just print one maybe if you used a proper photo printer and photo card?

on the plus side engine shot looks nice and cleann :)

coconat

Advanced Member
Haha that's one way of doing it, DC5RS has kindly linked me to a cheap replacement so all is well, and thank you..I cropped it because the rest isn't so clean, it's on my very long list of things to clean up properly when the weather improves

Josh16v

Advanced Member
I have a mugen rad cap and the sticker is hanging on for it's dear life! Only lasted about a week from new.

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
Be aware the replica cheap ones will come off even quicker, I used CT1 bonding thinking it would stick good, It lasted one 2 mile journey before it was gone.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Weird my past 2 have been replicas and both have lasted.

First one was one for over 2 years and this one for almost 18 months no issue with sticker.

Bat we can chat on Thursday ref replacement sticker for you, I have a guy who might be able to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikegsi

Staff member
Also be cautious with the non genuine ones as the screw holding the clamp in place has been known to loosen, you end up not being able to take the cap off.

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
If some one could locate a replacement sticker/badge I'd be really happy, also not sure what you mean by not being able to remove the cap, it's a one piece billet aluminium cap I thought?

mikegsi

Staff member
The clip on the underside is held in with a screw, which has been known to loosen, so the cap spins but the clip doesn't move. Suffered this myself with one I had on one of my Evo's, can't remember off top of head if the K20 one's have the clip on them.