Solid Fabrications custom header.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I do like this a lot. The fabrication looks ace, I was wondering what the design was going to look like.

How's the noise level and sound for the valve opened and closed?

dc5ian

Advanced Member
when the valve is closed its quite enough to get me on a track day, we measured it at 100 db at 5k rpm, when its open its as loud as the j's racing but with a slightly deeper tone.. sounds fantastic and just what i was after. i will post a few movie clips of it.

cpoh

Advanced Member
Is there not turbulance where that valve is located? When the valve is closed surely there is a dead area before the valve that is trapping exhaust gases and reducing flow as a result?

Grov

Banned
parksy340 said:
I have seen Alan's work up close and the welds are very good in my view (and of those that have seen it) - don't think it's good form to comment on the back of Chris' fairly poor photos to be honest. :xtsk:
I'm a professional welder and just because a weld looks pretty on the surface doesn't automatically mean it has structural strength[/quote]

Hang about - the original comment was that the welds 'don't look too clever' - are you now saying they do look good?

I am saying it is unfair to comment either way from a few photos - I have seen Alan's work up close (I have used him for my own car) and am very impressed as are the others that I know that own Solid Fab work.[/quote]

im also a proffesional welder with all of my codings and a would be paid off if i put out welds like that. apart from that it is looking good :D[/quote]

Speak english and use the quote function for a start............

haitch

Advanced Member
Had mine noise tested at Brands last week, 93db@6k, this was with the quieter of the two backboxes that Solid Fab offer.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
haitch said:
Had mine noise tested at Brands last week, 93db@6k, this was with the quieter of the two backboxes that Solid Fab offer.
Great result for track mate. How does it sound?

dc5ian

Advanced Member
tested mine on friday whilst getting mapped 122 db while open, shut we never tested it but guess it will be around the 100db mark on full wooot.

with the valve open it makes 2-3 bhp more across the rev range.

think dave has a clip of it.

haitch

Advanced Member
blueguy said:
haitch said:
Great result for track mate. How does it sound?
Makes a great noise in vtec mate, hope to get some footage next week in Spa if the weather is kind!