Solid Fabrications. Exhaust.. any one have one?

Zani

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

I currently have a kakimoto cat back with a dc sports manifold. I've had it a few years and although it sounds amazing I feel now that it's too loud for day to day use. (I'm getting old!)

Has any one got a system done by Alan of Solid fabrications?

I would like to hear what the different options available sound like.

I'm booked in end of the month.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Regards
Mark

Linus27

Advanced Member
Kakimoto too loud?? I thought they were one of the quietest systems around. I'm even thinking about one for track and I have the Spoon 2-1 decat as well. Hope its not going to be too loud.

Darren4

Advanced Member
I've got one of his 3" systems, had it on the car for a few months.

It actually sits better then the oem one I had one before.

Quality is very good as well, will defo last a long time.

Sound wise, on the motorway it's actually quiet silent!?!

It's the over run where it's very loud and boomy tbh. You'll love it :)

Darren4

Advanced Member
Zani said:
Hi guys,
I currently have a kakimoto cat back with a dc sports manifold. I've had it a few years and although it sounds amazing I feel now that it's too loud for day to day use. (I'm getting old!)
Has any one got a system done by Alan of Solid fabrications?
I would like to hear what the different options available sound like.
I'm booked in end of the month.
Any help greatly appreciated!
Regards
Mark
Which kakimoto system do you have?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Hahaha Mark your car is more than loud!

I used to see it going around slough now and again and its deafening, does sound good though! This is based on a few years ago though

Zani

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Hahaha Mark your car is more than loud!

I used to see it going around slough now and again and its deafening, does sound good though! This is based on a few years ago though
Hahaha... about 4 years plus I used to have a super sprint straight through B pipe and a Spoon N1 back box... that was LOUDDD... makes my current set up seem modest in comparison. And my street still know I'm coming before they can see me!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Crap! Time flies! It was back in 2012 I saw you! I used to see you going past KFC/McDonalds drive-through around lunch time hahah.

tico_87

Advanced Member
I recently got a solid fab 3" cat back. Best decision I ever made, awesome quality and very quiet which is what I wanted.

Jakke_itr

Apparently solid fab do a 3" system witch is track friendly like the tdi north system

I have had stuff done by Alan in the past and it has been

I will be using Alan for one of his 3" systems in a few months

Darren4

Advanced Member
Just to add:

Had the car on a dyno and against another dc5 with the same mods bar exhaust ( He had j's racing), and my car made 5bhp more.

Cars were standard another then that!

Guess it proves 3" really is the way forward :)

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
FYI, if you want a system from solid fab you have to travel to them so they can work on the car there. they are very far down south Kent or something. Which proved problematic for me...

Alan was very helpful on the phone though so give him a call.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

p1tse

Advanced Member
tico_87 said:
I recently got a solid fab 3" cat back. Best decision I ever made, awesome quality and very quiet which is what I wanted.
I always though the larger the pipe the louder it would be, but I assume the decibels controlled by silencer?

integraleo

Advanced Member
Darren4 said:
Just to add:

Had the car on a dyno and against another dc5 with the same mods bar exhaust ( He had j's racing), and my car made 5bhp more.

Cars were standard another then that!

Guess it proves 3" really is the way forward :)
After I had my first map with all the bolt ons and 2.5" trust exhaust I had 229hp. Few weeks later baffles went and got a solid fab 3" and had map tweak and ended up 238.5hp. Couldn't live with the drone ( had biggest middle silencer that would fit but small rear silencer) so removed it after 6 weeks and got 2.38" kakimoto regu06r. Went back for map tweak again...also swapped injen intake for teg m...and ended up at 226hp. A 12.5hp drop ( teg m would have lost a couple compared to injen too)
But loved the kakimoto so so much!! Didn't really feel power difference if I'm honest

jrscho

Advanced Member
Anyone got pics of there solid fab exhausts? Considering one of these also in the next few months..

Zani

Advanced Member
Thanks for all the updates.

I'm booked in for Monday 29th... hopefully unlock a couple extra ponies on my 251hp! :D
But mainly doing it for the noise reduction.

Any one who have one located near slough? Fancy a meet up???

I'd like to hear it before I purchase incase it's too quiet! :/

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk