Solid mounts?

eXceed

Resident Driver
Seriously considering getting solid mounts (for engine and gearbox) as opposed to very hard mounts and understand this would be akin to bolting the engine to the frame. My question is what sort of behaviour should/would I expect on the road. I'm thinking if I was to do a vicious downchange the front suspension will bounce up and down as it tries to nullify the weight transfer. From what I can see this wouldn't cause any dangerous scenes on the road apart from me appearing to bunny hop occasionally. Or am I being completely stupid and it'll cause much greater issues? Please no questions about why do you want to do that :lol:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
the car wont drive too bad BUT the vibration will be unbearable when idling or in traffic, solid mounted engines are really for race cars only. my advice is dont do it

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
there should be no consideration your car will be shaken to bits, i had very firm mounts and a very firm engine damper which i had to take off when on the road as it was unbearable, although my car was road legal it wasnt really a road car.

if you go to tgm at all, just get Tom to start up his race car as it has solid mounts the whole thing shakes it is nasty to drive at anything other than flat out.

eXceed

Resident Driver
Think I'll take your advice and just go for some fairly firm engine mounts. I don't mind about noise/discomfort thaaat much but I think it's probably best if i don't go too crazy :lol:

hondazzz

Advanced Member
bringing this topic back to alive...just to ask if "solid mounts" you are refering too its the same with the mount inserts because am thinking to put some energy suspension mount inserts and i dont what a lot of vibrations as you comment!?

oregato

Advanced Member
Have the rs engine mounts in mine at present, vibration isn't an issue for me as you get used to them, would highly recommend them as I don't get wheel hop no more! Much more effective than an etd IMO

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yep as blueguy says solid mounts would be either fabricated steel (most usual) or the oem ones filled with epoxy type stuff there is no movement at all in them

jay82

Advanced Member
oregato said:
Have the rs engine mounts in mine at present, vibration isn't an issue for me as you get used to them, would highly recommend them as I don't get wheel hop no more! Much more effective than an etd IMO
there the ones i'm getting hopefully in january, i'm getting and the bushes done aswell.

oregato

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
oregato said:
there the ones i'm getting hopefully in january, i'm getting and the bushes done aswell.
Long time no speak Jay, I take it you're going to andy in the tuning factory?

omadc5

Advanced Member
oregato said:
where did u get them from?

Stylesa

Advanced Member
What has made you want solid mounts? would innovative, or such like, not do the trick? even the road stiffness ones are very stiff....

jay82

Advanced Member
oregato said:
jay82 said:
oregato said:
Long time no speak Jay, I take it you're going to andy in the tuning factory?
yea going to the tuning factory to get them, was ment to go up before december but gonna get them in january