Some Advice on DC5 price

dibbles00

Hi,
After some advice please.

My friend hasa Championshp White 2003 53 plate DC5 and is selling it.

The car has 130,000+ on the clock, of which I'm not sure how many were in KM? It has been converted to MPH though.

It has zero service history (lost the wallet in his house move), but I know he's owned the car for a tad over 5 years and has had it serviced from one of our friends regularly (just oil and brakes). The thing is: it is very tatty and he hasn't really taken care of the car cosmetically - rather just drove it like and not washed it and cleaned it every weekend like some owners do. I should be able to get some photos up of it soon.

The wheels definitely need a good refurb, the black Recaro drivers seat needs a new bolster etc... It is completely standard so how much would he be likely to get for it? The car is straight as far as I know, but as said it is in need of some good TLC.

Any advice on what he should be asking for it please?

Thanks in advance!

josh897

i would say £5.5k, definately in there with the cheaper dc5s that are about now if it has 130k with no service history
i wouldnt worry about its paintwork too much championship white will buff up well with a cutting compound, glaze and wax
whats it like mechanically to drive

dibbles00

Thanks Josh,
Can anyone else shed some knowledge on the price? Mechanically the car is fine, but it does need a good clean and the wheels refurbing for sure. The car has never let him down, broken down or failed to start.
Cheers!

dave c

400hp K20
OMG! A DC5 for £4K that is a steal!

Definitely makes me cry a little every time I see prices so low on DC5's

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
normally the case yes but link said item has been relisted.........i asumed because it didnt meet reserve, winning bidder didnt turn up

no reserve...wow....

i think cars are hard to sell nowadays...hence lower prices are the only option for those that need to get rid of their cars.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I've seen a couple of Tegs go for 5k on eBay and think wow good price. Couple days later boom it's back on eBay.

Been following a few And there either really bad with people not turning up (alot) or the seller/sellers friends are bidding it up for them.

Annoys me so much just put a reserve on if or start the bidding higher instead of doing it this way had this alot with the likes of Jenvey and weber ITBS I've been watching for a while sellers urineing me right off with this crap.

(null)

Modmedia

Advanced Member
I paid 5.5k for mine (around 65k) and it is cosmetically perfect and wheels recently refurbed very well.. few common issues with 2nd gear needed sorted but everything else is perfect. I think it was a bloody bargain! :)

Going by this logic and poor condition of the car you have described I would say 4.5k would be fair. Remember when you come to sell it, no history will hurt it, even though you know it's origin!

lujamil

Advanced Member
I paid 5.5k for mine (around 65k) and it is cosmetically perfect and wheels recently refurbed very well.. few common issues with 2nd gear needed sorted but everything else is perfect. I think it was a bloody bargain! :)

Going by this logic and poor condition of the car you have described I would say 4.5k would be fair. Remember when you come to sell it, no history will hurt it, even though you know it's origin!
where did you get that kind of bargain from?

lujamil

Advanced Member
Ireland/North Ireland - cars are cheaper over there
Yeah true, but then again thats a risk going to see a car that far away; and imagine if it isn't up to your standards. Although you would be the first owner when you bring it back to England.

lujamil

Advanced Member
Whats the big deal about being the first owner? None of them are new anymore
When you want to sell it on would it not help maintain a certain price?
There is one on sale on autotrader, a CW DC5.
Its done 141,000KM (87K miles), 3 owners, only half service history, two keys, k&n induction kit.
Everything else is standard and it looks pretty clean.
Going for £5,450.

I personally think the mileage is pretty high? What do you think?