Some help on finding a DC5

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Hi guys, first post...
I currently have a Civic Type R but am getting soooo tempted for a DC5 after I got to see a few up close at Oulton Park. :)

I've spotted this one on autotrader and wondered if anyone had seen it or have any tips on what to look out for etc?
DC5 on autotrader

Obviously with all DC5's having to be inports is it still possible to do HPI checks etc?

Cheers
Wardy

Duncs

1. if it is a 'fresh import' as it says ask to see the Auction sheet.
2. see if it has any japanese servicing history,
3. check for certification wrt registration (ie has it been registered)
4. apart from that its honda, so you already owning one should help.
5. have a good look at the seats to see if the wear coincides with the mileage.
not wanting to put you off though, as they (DC5) are flavour of the month at the mo there has been a lot of rough/ungraded accident repaired cars around, i do not think a HPI check will tell you anything about the history outside of uk.
as always buyer beware

mikegsi

Staff member
as above, be careful as there are deffo quite a few badly damaged repaired ones about, fixes should be easy enough to spot if you go with that in mind

Wardy7

Advanced Member
I have done a search but not found too much.

The grades I'm unserstanding as the level of the cars perfectness?
Grade 5 being nothing wrong.
What is a 4.5 indicate?

The auction report, what is it and what do you look for on it?

Sorry if obvious or repeated questions, but I did do a search :)

Cheers
Wardy

dp9901

Advanced Member
i too am thinking bout changing for a dc5.anyone know any good dealers to go to????????? :)

Stuart_M

I went to look at the one at TM cars the other week. When I rung up was told it was a 4.5, however when i got there i spoke to somone different and was told it would be between 3and 4 but no certificate, so presumably that means it will be 3 if your lucky, or am I being cynical!. I can tell you it is not immaculate as states on the advert. It was parked in a dark corner of the building with a load of cars in front of it so couldn't get it out to look in real light. When looking around it straight away saw that it has had side impact on passenger side and someone has made a real botch job on trying to repair the door its very badly rippled discoloured sounds like its got a ton of filler in it and just looks a mess. Theres no history with it or service stickers under the bonnet. Inside the car the std gear knob has obviously not come with it for whatever reason and has been replaced with a black plain looking one which shows 5 gears :? Guy even tried to convince me it was a std exhaust which it wasn't but I wasn't particularly bothered anyway.

Don't know why these people can't be straight with you in the first place, its a real insult to peoples intelligence thinking they can fob you off with this sort of rubbish, and would save everyone a journey. :roll: Oh well you live and learn.

Stuart

Duncs

as i said earlier in this thread, watch out there are some not so great cars about!!!!!

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Sounds a case of not rushing and waiting. Good things come to those that................wait!
With relatively so few it's not quite as easy to find decent one's close by.

Cheers
Wardy

Wardy7

Advanced Member
dobber said:
Wardy7 said:
Have found one on http://www.wickedkit.com/ "Langtree Garage" I think.
Will have to call up to find a few more specifics about it.

Does it not appear a bit cheap?

Cheers
Wardy
I thought they had gone bust??
Um, well their site is still there.
Does anyone have a telephone number for them as it says the one on the site does not accept incoming ncalls when try to ring it (maybe this is an indicator they have gone bust?!)

Cheers
Wardy

sinbad

Advanced Member
They have gone bust, I live very close by and from what i understand i dont think the guy could afford the rent. :( However this was through the grapevine. Supposedly turning the garage into flats sometime next year. I wish i knew where all their stock went as they had one or two decent cars. I spent many an afternoon walking around their stock and sat in the ferrari 360 they had in their at one time.[/i]

Wardy7

Advanced Member
sinbad said:
They have gone bust, I live very close by and from what i understand i dont think the guy could afford the rent. :( However this was through the grapevine. Supposedly turning the garage into flats sometime next year. I wish i knew where all their stock went as they had one or two decent cars. I spent many an afternoon walking around their stock and sat in the ferrari 360 they had in their at one time.[/i]
Bugger, that's a shame. Looking at their site they looked to have a few decent looking DC5's in there :(

Cheres
Wardy

mid_gen

Worth asking the bloke where his stock will be going?

Oh hi btw, looking to buy a DC5 in the coming weeks :)

David Fox

Advanced Member
dobber said:
Wardy7 said:
Have found one on http://www.wickedkit.com/ "Langtree Garage" I think.
Will have to call up to find a few more specifics about it.

Does it not appear a bit cheap?

Cheers
Wardy
I thought they had gone bust??
Thats where I bought mine in Jan from!

He did say he was packing it all in soon as he wasn't making the money anymore as its getting easier (believe it or not) to import cars. Shame really if he went bust, was a good garage and really friendly.