some honest opinions on a buddyclub spec 3 bung & withou

DC5-RS

hello,

just wanted to ask for your all opinions on the buddyclub spec 3 as some of you know the exhaust system is very loud indeed . i would say the exhaust is definetly not for the faint hearted , the exhaust note is very deep and throaty and the most aggresive formula 1 note i heard from a car which although very loud it sounds very good quality there is gains throught out the rev range but i have found that in mid and in vtec high camming the gains are the most.

i did originally have the mugen mani down to the twin loop which is very good but my wife found it too loud so i tried a different approach and purchased a bc spec 3 hoping to lower the db lol little did i know bc spec 3 is one of the loudest exhaust on the market hehhehe .. well this post is to ask what you think of the buddyclub spec 3 with the bung attached i have pasted some pics of the bc 3 with and without the bung and would like to ask what do you think of the look of the bung attached .

today took the family out to glamourous chinese supermarket and it was pretty loud so decided to try the bung and it did make a big difference in reducing the noise level a lot but im in two minds over the look of the bung

Suped

Advanced Member
Think you bought the wrong if you wanted quietness. Think it looks horrid with the bung on. Didn't think that would do the exhuast gasses much favours as the restricted exit passage has shrunk to a pea sized hole. :shock:

DC5-RS

guess i need to take it down to the rr to actually get some figures to see what difference it will make on the total gained and total lossed with and without the bung.

thought i read somewhere that the bung does resist gases but not so much it will affect the performance to notice. there is no doubt the the bung affect the overall look of the exhaust but maybe it will grow on me just stood there looking at it for over 30 mins and starting to grow on me a bit... if it doesnt i guess i will keep with me a wrench at all times to take it on and off the car when the kids are in lol

the noise level on this does get many on lookers :)

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Once it gets caked in soot I guess it will look a little better than bright steel. I'm sure I read on here somewhere that running with the bung in for long periods was bad?

matt b

Advanced Member
Ive got a BC Spec III had one on my car for about a year now and used the bung a few times but iv just got used to it now.

The bung kills the performance, sounds pants and looks crap :lol:

If the system is too loud just change it mate!

ally_mac

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:
Once it gets caked in soot I guess it will look a little better than bright steel. I'm sure I read on here somewhere that running with the bung in for long periods was bad?
I heard somewhere as well that running with the bung in can damage your exhaust and isnt the best for the car. I heard that in vtec because the gases arent gettin out quick enough, it can put a lot of pressure on your exhaust. Also would I be right in saying that because of the change in back pressure, the car overfuels itself a bit, could be wrong about that part

webbie

Advanced Member
I HAVE A BUDDY CLUB SPEC 3 ON MINE DID A TRACK DAY YESTERDAY AT ELVINGTON MEASURED 114Db WITH OUT BUNG AND 100 WITH AND THEY STILL RECKONED I WAS TOO LOUD WITH BUT THAT WAS THE GRUPPE M IT PROPPER FEELS SHIT WITH THE BUNG IN ITS FEELS SLOW BUT HAS 2 POWER BANDS ON MINE

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
the bung does slow the car down in vtec n very obvious with apexi N1 cat back, at around 7000rpm the vtec feels very heavy n reluctant to rev more, n sounds stuck... not worth putting it on for me...

most slightly modded evo9s here has blown turbos due to restrictive oem backbox, i knew 3 guys who blew their titanium fin turbine.... but never been a problem for anyone who directly swap for an aftermarket zorst...

webbie

Advanced Member
yea it does sound awesome with out the bung in but there is no way i could ever meet sound levels in england on a track day which pisses me off a bit as im guna have to have the bung in all the time i really want my car at its best performance when im on the track

DC5-RS

was wondering if there anyway to quiet it down a bit inside cabin was thinking on sound deaden any ideas on how much sound deade can lower the db by? obviously the thicker the sound deaden the more it will dampen but within reason beacuase i dont want too much exessive weight

anyone tried sound deaden liquid form heard suppose to be good stuff

jonster

Advanced Member
Have you actually driven a standard un-modified Teg? I don't know if you are ever going to achieve the sound levels you want. I'm surprised your Mugen header is really that loud coupled with the twin-loop cat-back. I didn't really find adding the twin-loop made my car much louder at all when running with a stock header. It's still reasonable now coupled with a Toda header. If you think a stock Teg is quiet enough then just change the header for a stock one. If you are worried about a performance hit you could get a KPro / K100 ecu re-map to make up for things (assuming you're not already mapped).

DC5-RS

jonster said:
Have you actually driven a standard un-modified Teg? I don't know if you are ever going to achieve the sound levels you want. I'm surprised your Mugen header is really that loud coupled with the twin-loop cat-back. I didn't really find adding the twin-loop made my car much louder at all when running with a stock header. It's still reasonable now coupled with a Toda header. If you think a stock Teg is quiet enough then just change the header for a stock one. If you are worried about a performance hit you could get a KPro / K100 ecu re-map to make up for things (assuming you're not already mapped).

well its not me who got the ultra sensetive ears its my wife and baby daughter who dont agree with it :( for me i just want a good sounding exhaust which most japanese exhaust are with a nice growl and nothing over the top itseems the bc spec 3 is way too loud for us and need to try to find some solutions , i waswondering if sound proofing would do much difference i use be into car hi-fi and i know that sound deaden can be effective to improve sound quaility and i have been reading up on many forums and on interent that sound deaden can be effective to reduce sound levels on the exhaust ... just curious anyone has tried it

mike99

Advanced Member
dude you chose the wrong exhaust system if you wanted subtle LOL.

a more subtle one with nice looks is the power amuse Ti one, sounds great in vtec and is very reasonable driving normally.

dude next time your at glamorous let me know, i always hear of dc5's being in or around china town or glamorous but never see any lol. :(

DC5-RS

mike99 said:

a more subtle one with nice looks is the power amuse Ti one, sounds great in vtec and is very reasonable driving normally.

dude next time your at glamorous let me know, i always hear of dc5's being in or around china town or glamorous but never see any lol. :(

lol will do, you cannot miss me you can hear me miles away with the bc spec III

mike99

Advanced Member
DC5-RS said:
mike99 said:

lol will do, you cannot miss me you can hear me miles away with the bc spec III
no doubt. :lol: :lol: