Somerset Newbie!!

Dan2020

Advanced Member
Evening all!!

Recently picked up a DC5 from Inverness!! I'm assuming the previous owner (Al) was a member on here as the sticker for this site is on the car!!

Must say this was a great choice, really happy with it after years of driving a stripped out EG6!!

Here's a pic, you'll probably recognise it:

Cheers,

Dan

Dan2020

Advanced Member
MattDC5 said:
Good choice, like the wheels and ride height.

Welcome :xcheers:
Everything you see is how it came, Work Emotions, Ohlins coilovers, Mugen Airbox and Mugen Twinloop.

Got a few plans for her, but want to get some advise and opinions first before I rush in!!

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
welcome to the forum. Love the car, the wheels really suit it! What do you think of the Ohlins? I had them on my car when i bought it too

Dan2020

Advanced Member
Gaz DC5 said:
welcome to the forum. Love the car, the wheels really suit it! What do you think of the Ohlins? I had them on my car when i bought it too
Thanks for the comments, seems like a friendly forum!!

I'm very happy with the Ohlins, I've had teins and KW coilovers etc on previous cars (not DC5's) and was only impressed with th KW's.

The only thing though is at present they are set to maximum camber so it does drag you through all the imperfections in the road but on the other hand it does turn in very well. I think I'll reduce the camber anyway to make it more "road friendly".

Did you stick with the Ohlins or go for a different setup?

ladykb

Advanced Member
Welcome, I am new to the forum and yet to take delivery of my DC5

and its blooming killing me LOL

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
I stuck with the ohlins mate, they're known as one of the coilovers availiable for the dc5. I've only been in two other dc5's, one with standard suspention and ones with tein's and imo the Ohlins are a different class. It's definatly worth getting it set up to how you like!

Dan2020

Advanced Member
ladykb said:
Welcome, I am new to the forum and yet to take delivery of my DC5

and its blooming killing me LOL
I'm impatient so i just went for one already here!!lol!

Gaz DC5 said:
I stuck with the ohlins mate, they're known as one of the coilovers availiable for the dc5. I've only been in two other dc5's, one with standard suspention and ones with tein's and imo the Ohlins are a different class. It's definatly worth getting it set up to how you like!
I think thats what i'll do once my new tyres turn up, take a trip down to TGM for a fast road setup. After having a look on the forum it seems -1 deg neg camber all round with front toe out 1mm and rear toe in 1mm is recommended.

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
Hey Dan,

Glad your enjoying the car, I have to say I miss it terribly. I know its gone to a good home.

Cheers,

Al.

Lord I'll need to change my signature, I just remembered!!

Cardiff r33

Advanced Member
nice car i was looking at it too but not buying until mine has sold so i missed out

Looked a lovely car, enjoy!