Sony PS3 delayed....

Duncs

had a 360 six January
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

need a good car thing though!!!

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Not gonna buy either console, my pc games keep me occupied if i have any free time.

mikegsi

Staff member
perfectly happy with my 360, and if what toshiba is saying about blu-ray discs is true you'll keep well away!! :shock: :shock:

Neil_H

Advanced Member
Is anyone getting an import PS3? I preordered one way back in January just on the off chance that the UK one would be delayed.....so I think I will probably take it up!

carfiend

Advanced Member
Thing is then you need to always get games import as well since removing the region protection will be difficult and expensive since sony have gone out of there way to put it in place and alot of companies who developed mod chips have been sued into non existance.

Neil_H

Advanced Member
I've read many reports saying that the games will be region-free, and Sony have apparently confirmed this.....

carfiend

Advanced Member
I believe anything sony says about as far as I can spit a rat. They said that with the PSP and a few months after release a firmware update came out to make them region specific afaik

Neil_H

Advanced Member
carfiend said:
I believe anything sony says about as far as I can spit a rat. They said that with the PSP and a few months after release a firmware update came out to make them region specific afaik
PSP games are all region free, it's the UMD movies that aren't.

There's a discussion about the PS3 here, certainly the retailers seem to think it will be RF.

webbie

Advanced Member
Neil_H said:
Is anyone getting an import PS3? I preordered one way back in January just on the off chance that the UK one would be delayed.....so I think I will probably take it up!
I have had a e mail from lik-sang.com saying I will have mine for nov 11th

ordered ridge racer 7 and need for speed carbon

Neil_H

Advanced Member
webbie said:
Neil_H said:
I have had a e mail from lik-sang.com saying I will have mine for nov 11th

ordered ridge racer 7 and need for speed carbon
I got an email to that effect too, asking if I wanted to add some games to the order. I think I went for COD3, Resistance: Fall of Man and RR7. \:D/

Are you going to go for a Jap or US model? I have a feeling the first ones will be *very* expensive (up to grand with the games I reckon).