soon to be dc5 owner on the Wirral

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
found my perfect dc5 today, and I want to go ahead and buy it, seems pretty good condition, decent mileage for age and fsh! anything I should be lookin out for before I say yes?! :) any help appreciated!

chrex

Advanced Member
Where abouts on the Wirral are you? Although i dont spend much time there as i am in the Army and posted away, my partner lives in Bromborough and my parents in Pensby :) so i am normally about some weekend or when i've got some time on leave.

Is it local and what colour is it? There is a buyers guide on the site somewhere i think with all the things to look out for :) Get some pics up if you have any!

Chris

Brophy

Advanced Member
Welcome along ;) see you finally found one lol got you on instagram :p x had a look and it looks like lovely example plenty of service history etc :)

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
only thing is it says it's got the c pack but there wasn't a parcel shelf when I went to see it yday, so gonna try knock a bit off the price! needs like a new radio/cd player unit but that's it. yeah the service history seems good! got all the jap history too, not that I can read it haha! :D

dotty

Advanced Member
only thing is it says it's got the c pack but there wasn't a parcel shelf when I went to see it yday, so gonna try knock a bit off the price! needs like a new radio/cd player unit but that's it. yeah the service history seems good! got all the jap history too, not that I can read it haha! :D

Parcel shelf isn't part of the C-pack. The parcel shelf is an optional extra just like wind deflectors are.

Looks a nice car though.

Welcome.

chrex

Advanced Member
Iv had mine since last July and normally go through heswall going to/from home when im about. Looks nice though. Might be waving soon enough :)

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
chrex said:
Iv had mine since last July and normally go through heswall going to/from home when im about. Looks nice though. Might be waving soon enough :)
Is it white?! I remember one a few years ago but not seen one around in ages!

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
Brophy said:
Welcome along ;) see you finally found one lol got you on instagram :p x had a look and it looks like lovely example plenty of service history etc :)
Reckon looks good yeah?! :) just hope he accepts me offer tmoro, waitin to hear back off him!

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
Chelt_scene said:
You took my advice and signed up then!
Hopefully you hear from the guy tomorrow!
I had done a couple days ago you know! Yeah he best had do, won't be a happy bunny! :(

mike.williams

Advanced Member
I work in liverpool so it only goes up and down the m56 motorway. Dont drive that much when im off shift

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
mike.williams said:
I work in liverpool so it only goes up and down the m56 motorway. Dont drive that much when im off shift
ah ok fair enough! :) still waiting to hear if my offers been accepted :(

chrex

Advanced Member
xhelen06x said:
Is it white?! I remember one a few years ago but not seen one around in ages!
Yep - but like i say, its pretty rare im over that way as im normally around bromborough at my fiance's place when im on leave or back for a weekend. Im not a regular in the Heswall area anymore. Used to be in my old E30 325 (also white) as i used to drive to/from work from home everyday.

I know that there was a guy who owned a take away up past where M&S is now...and he owned a blue DC5. Never saw a white one in Heswall though tbh.

dk123

Advanced Member
I'm about 4 miles from you - would be good having a fellow DC5 owner around the corner! The car looks really nice - good luck and hopefully you'll seal the deal. Must be a few of us on the Wirral now :xgrin: although I have only ever seen chrex sweet champ white DC5 around these parts. Hope it works out for you.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
There are 2 of us in with champ whites just on the otherside of the river dee. So not far away from you at all :)

We will all have to organise a dc5 mini meet in parkgate and have some icecream mmm