Soon to be DC5 owner. STILL WAITING!

C00ky_

Hi all.
As title says. Soon to be owner
Lusted after a dc5 for like 5 years and finally in a position
To buy one... nearly
I have half the money and bought a fiesta van as a daily as currently do near on 500 miles a week.

I have a Seat Leon FR TFSI that I'm trying to shift before buying the teg.

Makes it worse how I'm pretty picky as well I'm not settling for anything less than the perfect Teg.
Ah well... will update when I finally FIND and buy one.

In the mean time if anyone fancies a well sorted Black 58 plate Leon FR with only 71k an fsh. In for major service at SEAT as I type. And a warranty until Jan 2019. For money or PX an cash for a nice teg. Let me know 😉

Britz

Advanced Member
Hi mate good luck on the hunt hope you find a good en you won't be disappointed saved for years to get mine and finally picked one up last year and have loved every minute of owning it

C00ky_

Cheers bud.
Some people are saying it's not really a step up as leon is 200bhp an kills an fn2.
But I think it is.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Lol. Not sure you can compare a Leon (or FN2) to a DC5.

On paper, maybe. The dc5 isn't about straight line speed, it's about useable power to me. Sure comparing 0-60 times and power is good in theory, but in a DC5, 0-60 is more of an experience, and you can carry on doing the 0-60 if there's roundabouts in the way :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
As everyone has said welcome to the forum and the club and good luck with the hunt, sounds to me we are similar by means of fussiness so to speak but one thing I would say is mine in the end was far from perfect (as can be seen in my build thread) but I looked past the cosmetics for a strong base and chassis and rust free example and have since been getting the car right. Now it has the stock wheels, and lights and mugen and spoon suspension etc it's pretty much there for me, the seat bolsters on the way and it goes to tgm for the bumpers etc to be freshened up so my advice is don't go in wanting a 100% perfect car as it's near impossible to find as I found (due to the age of them) but go in open minded knowing the rust is the main issue to avoid but anything else is doable and such can be rectified to get you a very nice clean example :)

Look forward to seeing your purchase

C00ky_

Yeah John exactly how I feel.
The leon is nice but there's no drama to it. If anything abit boring, they arent selling to well atm either.

An yeah Carl I'm keeping an open mind. I just think I've spent so long wanting one I don't want to be let down with a lemon.
Cheers for the advice.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Yeah John exactly how I feel.
The leon is nice but there's no drama to it. If anything abit boring, they arent selling to well atm either.

An yeah Carl I'm keeping an open mind. I just think I've spent so long wanting one I don't want to be let down with a lemon.
Cheers for the advice.
I feel that pain, I spent two years trying to decide what I wanted, then when I finally got it back to the DC5 I was going to look at a fresh import, looked at a few for sale and was so unhappy with the options. The one I brought I viewed 3 times in total and walked away every time due to a few things (as mentioned before). But then I had a re-think and re-evaluated things and decided pound for pound it was a very good clean and rust free example, the seller worked for Honda and it was serviced the day I finally viewed it, had new OEM Honda engine mounts fitted and a good spec so I weighted up the odds and prices of part rectifications and my decision was made.

Now I have it I have spent quite a lot on it but all of this was through choice, and it's been fun so far seeing the car transform form one I walked away from and was certain I did not like or want into one I actually love to look at and use and enjoy driving...

Any colour your looking for or open to any? where are you based?

C00ky_

carl hammond said:
I feel that pain, I spent two years trying to decide what I wanted, then when I finally got it back to the DC5 I was going to look at a fresh import, looked at a few for sale and was so unhappy with the options. The one I brought I viewed 3 times in total and walked away every time due to a few things (as mentioned before). But then I had a re-think and re-evaluated things and decided pound for pound it was a very good clean and rust free example, the seller worked for Honda and it was serviced the day I finally viewed it, had new OEM Honda engine mounts fitted and a good spec so I weighted up the odds and prices of part rectifications and my decision was made.

Now I have it I have spent quite a lot on it but all of this was through choice, and it's been fun so far seeing the car transform form one I walked away from and was certain I did not like or want into one I actually love to look at and use and enjoy driving...

Any colour your looking for or open to any? where are you based?
Makes it worse my Mrs bits me diecasts and workshop banners haha something to work towards i suppose.

I'm open to any but CW is really at the top of the list, I dont know something about white JDM cars makes me fuzzy haha.

An im from Tamworth but just moved into my new house in swadlincote. Nice an close to Donnington ;)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
C00ky_ said:
Makes it worse my Mrs bits me diecasts and workshop banners haha something to work towards i suppose.

I'm open to any but CW is really at the top of the list, I dont know something about white JDM cars makes me fuzzy haha.

An im from Tamworth but just moved into my new house in swadlincote. Nice an close to Donnington ;)
Awesome mate, yeah I was open to all and wanted CW with Red or Blue with Blue but aimed for CW to be a replacement for the DC2 I had of the same colour combo :)

If you come across any my way (Maidstone, Kent) and you want a first view and details before making the trek let me know as happy to view a few for you as I have offered for others as I know the pain of driving to end up seeing a shed pretty much.

Carl

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
There's a black one with red seats which is immaculate for sale on Facebook. Don't expect it'll be listed for under £15k though.

You're buying a 10+ year old car, there will be imperfections, and if there's not, then you'll pay silly money.

C00ky_

carl hammond said:
Awesome mate, yeah I was open to all and wanted CW with Red or Blue with Blue but aimed for CW to be a replacement for the DC2 I had of the same colour combo :)

If you come across any my way (Maidstone, Kent) and you want a first view and details before making the trek let me know as happy to view a few for you as I have offered for others as I know the pain of driving to end up seeing a shed pretty much.

Carl
Yeah we will see. And
Cheers mate thanks