Soon to be Dc5

Nathan_621

Advanced Member
Morning guys, I'm currently driving a k100 mapped ep3 by Romain at Eurospec. Was first continuing to mod that going down the FD/LSD and BBK route but decided against that and to look for a similar spec dc5.

Any points current owners can give me in terms of when looking out for a problems that Dc5's may have? Not Including engine which I know my way around well enough after 7 years ownership of the ep3.

Also anyone in the midlands area that would be happy for me to have a look around before I go and test drive some?

Regards

Nathan

Kenz

Advanced Member
Try and get up to 70/80mph if you can and check for symptoms of a wheel wobble issue, a few members have been having this lately and it can be a pain trying to figure out the problem, although its usually drive shaft/half shaft related and dc5 drive shafts arent cheap.
Look out for the steering rack being clunky at low speeds.
Squeeky bushes, as with most cars, and the engine mounts (if standard) arent great. Or atleast mine werent.
Check its been properly undersealed.
Check theres no water in the boot in the spare wheel well, the rear light seals are commom to perishing.
If youve had an ep3 i think that will help your search for a dc5 a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenz

Advanced Member
Theres a buying guide on here as to what to look for, its pinned on the top of one of the sub forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan_621

Advanced Member
Thanks Kenz, will keep this all in mind and did have a quick scan over the buying thread yesterday.

All being well I pick a cw Facelift Dc5 up in 2 weeks with 80k on the clock.