Soon to be new DC5 owner (Derby)

SamDC5

Advanced Member
So, I started out contacting Torque GT about sourcing a 180 SX Type X as I went in a mates 200sx and I was sold. I needed one, and never really even stopped to consider anything else.

The months went by and nothing was appearing in the auctions and Darren from Torque GT did say they are hard to come by. At this time I've been driving a Classic Mini which I restored around 3 years ago and have been driving ever since I passed my driving test. I was needing something faster and needed to please my obsession with Japanese cars.

After months of waiting still 180sx, I was starting to rethink my options. That's when I went through all the others cars I'd love to own. I started looking at DC5's as everyone has always raved about them, then I started looking them up, doing my research and joined this forum.

With being so obsessed by looking on the auctions I never once thought to look on Torque GT's stock. A lovely Grade 4 pre face-lift with 69k miles in CW was on their website. I contacted torque about it and they said it was in lovely condition, the pictures also supported this! It also has the black Recaro interior which I wanted due to it hiding marks and being a bit more understated. I was sold, put my deposit down and hopefully collecting next week, (waiting for DVLA) I can't wait!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Midnight

Advanced Member
Great news.

Bet you can't wait! I've personally found Torque GT really helpful and friendly.

Once you've collected it, make sure to post some pictures up.

Oh and welcome to the forum!

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
Great news.

Bet you can't wait! I've personally found Torque GT really helpful and friendly.

Once you've collected it, make sure to post some pictures up.

Oh and welcome to the forum!
I really can't, I put my deposit down 2 weeks ago so hoping it's ready on the 11th!

Torque have been fantastic, I couldn't recommended a company more than them with support. They've helped me every step of the way. I had a long chat with Darren about DC5's since he has owned one and sold me on them.

I'll get the link - http://torque-gt.co.uk/car/honda-integra-type-r-14/

I'll post more photos when I pick it up, I'll be going to every event I can this year and no doubt be posting on here!

Thanks for the warm welcome and hope to see people from the forum at events and such!

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Sounds lovely! Get some pics up!

Torque GT never get any stuck! Totally top service every time.

spooke

Advanced Member
Welcome, get some photos posted!

I too was interested in a 180sx Type X but I've always been a Honda person and the reliability was a huge factor for me. Love my DC5 and I'm so glad I bought one! :D

SamDC5

Advanced Member
I shall do! I'm more excited for the DC5 than I ever was for a 180sx. I'm so hyped, insurance was a little high but it's a small price to pay for the car I've always wanted. Got to travel 4 hours on the train to Torque!

Mattz

Advanced Member
I've been waiting a few weeks for mine and I'm hoping to collect mine on the 11th as well, Might bump into you when I go to collect it :)

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Mattz said:
I've been waiting a few weeks for mine and I'm hoping to collect mine on the 11th as well, Might bump into you when I go to collect it :)
When did you put your deposit down? Darren started the process on 20th for me so I've been waiting 2 weeks so fingers crossed it's the 11th. But yeah hope to see you there mate! What time you going down? And which one have you had? :)

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Mattz said:
I put my deposit down on the 20th so fingers crossed! I'm driving from Essex so I'll leave early and try to get there for around 9/10 I'll come say hi if I see you!

This is the car http://torque-gt.co.uk/car/honda-integra-type-r-13/ Can't wait to pick it up!
Sorry I meant the 20th too! I'm getting there around that time as well, I'm getting the 10 past 6 train :( it just seems as though we're waiting on the DVLA now! I've gone for pre face-lift version, same milage as yours haha!

Mattz

Advanced Member
well I'll definitely come say hi if I see you when I'm there mate, where are you getting the train from? At least the trip back will be a lot more fun ;)

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Yeah do matey! You going to Japfest Silverstone? And I'm coming all the way from Derby, going to give it a thrash on the way home. I've been in a Classic mini for 3 years!

phillll

Advanced Member
Welcome, and that's a lovely car!
I got my s15 off Torque GT. Darren was great sending cars over, can't fault them.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
phillll said:
Welcome, and that's a lovely car!
I got my s15 off Torque GT. Darren was great sending cars over, can't fault them.
Thank you mate! Hopefully picking up this weekend if I get the go from Darren! Any photos?

phillll

Advanced Member
Sam H said:
Thank you mate! Hopefully picking up this weekend if I get the go from Darren! Any photos?
I do!
It's gone now and looks a bit different, but this is how I sold it...

SamDC5

Advanced Member
phillll said:
I do!
It's gone now and looks a bit different, but this is how I sold it...

That's stunning, how did it compare to a teg mate?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Bet you're like a kid at Christmas!

Welcome.
Hi mate, I am! I've been driving in a car that's broken my back every day with no power but I can't tell you how excited I am to pick it up. It's going to be my daily however I only live 3 miles from work so I can really enjoy it on the weekends.