Soon to be owner

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Hello all,
I am hopefully going to be a fellow DC5 owner within the next month and thought i'd drop by and say hi! The plan is to keep one as original as possible with just an intake fitted, possibly a Gruppe M as I just can't live without that intoxicating N/A sound track!!

I have always kept an eye on these over the past 3 years and it doesn't seem like the prices have dropped much at all! Do you guys think the cars are going to depreciate much over the next few years?

I am not looking to really modify this one as my other car has that inner demon well and truly under control:

yosin

Advanced Member
Welcome. :) The prices always fluctuating from 6-8k depending on condition etc. I reckon it will stay like this for the foreseeable future. Just look at the Ek9 they around 5k.

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Cheers guys, look forwarding to participating and reading the info available on this forum!

The prelude is being kept alongside the DC5 (when I get one), i've got too much blood, sweat and beers in that thing to sell it! If anything i'll only ever get the money back if I break it & lets be honest, there isn't exactly a demand for a supercharged K20 prelude! I enjoy the build as much as driving it and with another car that satisfy's my driving urges then I have more time to get the Lude exactly how I want it. If I keep the DC5 in good condition then hopefully I won't lose much money on it.

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Hey guys,

Well I have had my DC5 for almost a week now and absolutely love it! The loud exhaust has got to go and I think the rear engine mount has gone so have a few things to do. A few first impressions that spring to mind about it, both good and bad:

Excellent handling.
Sharp steering - found myself over compensating a bit on quick corners!!
Everybody mentions how snug the bolsters are on the seats but you grow to like it! Certainly not for chunky people hehe.
The engine has lots of midrange compared to other VTEC cars I have driven which unfortunately makes the top end feel a little flat :(
Bags of head room.
Great boot (compared to the Prelude).

In my first week of ownership I have fitted the exhaust bung on the 5Zigen and its quite noticeably quieter, however it may have inadvertently restricted the flow at high RPM's as mentioned above, the car doesnt pull that little bit harder in VTEC anymore. I have also bought an ebay special intake but it never came with the IAT rubber grommet, so as I had some billet IAT relocation weld on billet things made I got the eng shop to weld it on n powdercoat it, turned out a lot better but the fit is absolutely shocking..